Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

my work plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIY Pete

My dad has stopped flying in the last couple of years and sold his plane. He was able to keep the cost down by building an experimental, I can't remember the manufacturer. One advantage of this is that he was able to perform all of the Annuals himself which saves a ton of money. Even with that savings he budgeted $150 for every hour he flew to cover expenses, not counting fixed expenses such as hanger and insurance costs.

Pete

Bex

I no longer want the liability of student pilots thanks again to lawyers.

Is it the price/availability of lawyers that's the problem, or that people now have a tendency to sue if you look at them crosseyed? Although it's beginning to change here, they don't have as much of the lawsuit mentality that seems to occur in the US. Of course 'ambulance chasers' have been around for decades....

DrBob

Founding Member
Student pilots are the responsibility of the instructor that signed them off for solo pilot operations. In the event of an accident I may be liable because I may have instructed him improperly. Even if he did some darn fool thing without my knowledge.

ArizonaDave

overall the cost of aviation has gone through the roof. A factory new Cessna 182 is $398,000.00 us dollars and can easily cost $450,000. well equipped. Simple basic 2 seat light sport aircraft par out at $140,000.00 factory new. A new Cirrus sr22 will set you back about $600,000.00
Cessna no longer produces 180's the tailwheel version of the 182 due to manufacturers liability issues. same for the 185's.
It is not just the price of fuel. It is the price of lawyers that have destroyed the light aircraft industry.

I have been a flight instructor for 40 years and have given over 5000 instruction the first 6 years I instructed. After that I only do pilot check rides and flight reviews. I no longer want the liability of student pilots thanks again to lawyers. The next 35 years I gave only 3500 hours of instruction, and no pre-solo instruction.

But I aint quitting my flying job.

Well, that clarifies a lot. Happy flying!

Status
Not open for further replies.