Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Nicaragua Habanos are in

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
This is some beautiful leaf. It looks like most of it will make binders. This pic is of the seco. It came in too late to process it today, we'll jump on it first thing in the morning.

attachment.php

I'll post pics of the Viso tomorrow.

Attachments

• NicSeco.jpg
    NicSeco.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 109

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
This is a new vendor who also happens to be the grower that I'm dealing with. I've been negotiating with them for a couple of years now and finally worked my way into purchasing from them...it's complicated.

This vendor's Ligero is sold out four years in advance and I was told it is never sold to the US market because it is too strong for the American palate. I was told the Viso is as strong as most other Ligeros available...I guess you guys will have to be the judge of that.

I'm working on getting a wrapper known as "Desflorado" and a few other new products from them. Give me a little while and I'll work on sweet talking them into selling me a bale of their famed Ligero.

ArizonaDave

This is a new vendor who also happens to be the grower that I'm dealing with. I've been negotiating with them for a couple of years now and finally worked my way into purchasing from them...it's complicated.

This vendor's Ligero is sold out four years in advance and I was told it is never sold to the US market because it is too strong for the American palate. I was told the Viso is as strong as most other Ligeros available...I guess you guys will have to be the judge of that.

I'm working on getting a wrapper known as "Desflorado" and a few other new products from them. Give me a little while and I'll work on sweet talking them into selling me a bale of their famed Ligero.

Sounds like a great plan, Don.

Desflorado, from the name even sounds good!

I'm going to have to get some more of the new Habanos, theres something about that taste I love.

ArizonaDave

It translates to "deflowered". Sounds yummy. :D

Ha ha, and here I thought it meant it had a slight floral taste. Either way, I''m willing to try. Plus, I like the word "New". I just hope Brazilian Mata Fina comes back in, or something similar. I actually chew that when my wife's not looking, plus a half leaf in a Cigar really helps.

Don must work 18 hours a day or something between the leaf and FTT?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
In Connecticut, at least, CT Shade leaf is not topped. I interpret "deflowered" to mean that the plants are topped, yielding a more robust leaf. But then, linguistics only takes us so far. What wrapper variety is it that is topped? Is it sun-grown or shade-grown? Should be interesting.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
In Connecticut, at least, CT Shade leaf is not topped. I interpret "deflowered" to mean that the plants are topped, yielding a more robust leaf. But then, linguistics only takes us so far. What wrapper variety is it that is topped? Is it sun-grown or shade-grown? Should be interesting.

Bob

Bob, do you top the wrapper varieties you grow at home? Inquiring minds want to know.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member

Bob

The samples that were sent with the bales appear to be Shade Grown. This is their signature Ecuadorean tobacco. The color is slightly darker than than a high grade CT Shade seed leaf...more of a fawn color with a hint of red, but it doesn't smell like urine...like CT Shade does.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

I'll try to get some samples out to regular customers also.

Raodwarior

Ecuadorian Rosado....damn I'm in, going to have to order a bunch of the Habano Viso too. Oh well, its only money.

Cigar

Hmmm.if is Ec.Rosado that would be very nice addition to the line-up..sad to say but will bet will not last long.

Cigar

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, do you top the wrapper varieties you grow at home? Inquiring minds want to know.
I usually top everything except Orientals. Topping dramatically reduces the overall budworm and aphid burden. Maybe that's why I end up with a fair amount of medium to dark maduro on the upper half of the plants.

I love Ecuador Shade leaf. I agree with Don about the peculiar odor of CT-grown shade.

Bob

Gdaddy

Personally, I don't smell a peculiar odor in CT shade. May be the presence of ammonia could possibly be the culprit presenting itself as a pee-pee odor.

Speaking of odd odors, when I spray down Criollo98 ligero with citric acid it smells exactly like a sweaty horse and horse poop. Big time odor. Makes me sneeze it's so strong like a vapor being released. However, when it drys it smells like sweet beautiful tobacco.

ArizonaDave

Personally, I don't smell a peculiar odor in CT shade. May be the presence of ammonia could possibly be the culprit presenting itself as a pee-pee odor.

Speaking of odd odors, when I spray down Criollo98 ligero with citric acid it smells exactly like a sweaty horse and horse poop. Big time odor. Makes me sneeze it's so strong like a vapor being released. However, when it drys it smells like sweet beautiful tobacco.

Then again, you don't have a ton of bales to process either. I think I'd go with the Original Criollo Liguero......by the way, I noticed it's back in stock.

Gdaddy

Then again, you don't have a ton of bales to process either. I think I'd go with the Original Criollo Liguero......by the way, I noticed it's back in stock.

Where did that come from? Thanks Dave I'll check that out. Good catch!

ArizonaDave

When the bales come in, we break them down into 1, 5, and 10 lb. vapor bags. Two 10lb. bags were mixed in with some Dom. Ligero...surprise!

Nic. Habano Viso is probably the only pepper I really love, mainly because of the earthy/woody aromas. Plus it's great for those who have sinus trouble in the winter. It also mixes well with all filler I've ever tried, regardless of whatever country the additional filler comes from.

Nic. Habano Viso adds depth to any blend!

Status
Not open for further replies.