Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Oldfellainspain 2024 2nd Grow Log.

oldfellainspain

With this 2024 second grow I intend to wait longer before I transplant into the three gallon grow bags. I have filled the tray with perlite and put a pinch of seedling mix on top. This is so I can actually see the seeds as I sow them. I'm bottom watering with a quarter strength liquid fertilizer. I'm growing under LED lights. I'm hoping this will produce good root balls.
The tray was seeded on 2nd April, germinated by 9th April. Today April 20th, I'll thin the seedlings and go for natural light instead LEDs. The terrace where I'm growing them is is warm with shade and sun so I can move them around and hopefully keep them happy. Although it doesn't get cold at night I'll still bring them in.

Attachments

• perlite.JPG
    perlite.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 5
  • germinated.JPG
    germinated.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 5
  • ready to thin.JPG
    ready to thin.JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 5

oldfellainspain

Seedlings in the perlite tray thinned yesterday evening. A second tray with seedling mix was started, and has now germinated, in case the perlite tray is not a success. This second tray is running 10 days behind the first tray, so hopefully I can make some comparisons by looking at photos. In a perfect world I would have started the two trays together, but space and lights made that impossible. Both trays are growing KY17 and Spectrum 50%-50%.

Attachments

• perlite tray thinned.jpg
    perlite tray thinned.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 3
  • seedling mix germination.JPG
    seedling mix germination.JPG
    271.4 KB · Views: 3

oldfellainspain

Twenty four days from germination, and thirteen days from thinning, the perlite tray has got some reasonable growth. The seedling mix tray needs thinning now. Difficult to see which of the two trays is better. Wish I had seeded them at the same time.

Attachments

• perlite tray 3 may.jpg
    perlite tray 3 may.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 4
  • seedling mix ready to thin.JPG
    seedling mix ready to thin.JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 4