Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Options for starting cigar rolling

Ginsinjones

Good day
I'm struggling here trying to put an order with WLT tobacco together.
I am wanting to start rolling cigars. My preference is smaller cigars. In no way am I a cigar connoisseur or anything like that but I do enjoy them. I like all strength of cigars so I'm not picky.
I am looking at cigar kits and also looking at buying 3 fillers and a binder grade that can hopefully get adequate wrappers from too.
I assume the cigar kits are put together for ratios of one blend and enough binder and wrapper for larger cigars. If I'm rolling a bunch of smaller cigars would I run out of wrapper and binder?
If I wanted to experiment with the ratios and strength does the kit have enough of each leaf to experiment a bit?
Or would I be better served with ordering the Sumatra cigar binder and a few Seco and a ligero and go from there?
I know this is all very subjective, but perhaps someone could give me some tips on how they put together their first order for venturing into cigar rolling. Curios as to what people who have bought the kits have to say about them.
Thanks all

GreenDragon

I highly recommend WLT's kits for beginners. They will make ~20 regular sized cigars, or many smaller cigars and you don't have to worry if they will taste good - they will! I personally recommend the Melodioso Cremosa and Terroso Profundo kits. They contain plenty of leaf to experiment with different ratios. As @deluxestogie recommends, "Roll One, Smoke One, repeat". You want to concentrate on getting the filler even and the draw correct before trying to make them pretty. Once you can reliably roll a nice cigar you will have enough experience to start creating your own blends. It's a lot of fun - Enjoy!

Ginsinjones

Thank you for your reply.
On seeing the remaining stock of some of his varieties of cigar leaf my concern would be some would sell out and not become available again. Or is he able to restock most of these types?
I suppose I'm just a little paranoid about the overall availability of these tobaccos when I am ready to start ordering whole pounds and creating my own blends.