Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Please identify this game .

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That's a tough one. Four players, each with an identical number grid and a well for holding or collecting stones of some kind. There are patterns in all the diagonals of the numbers (e.g. the '2' remains '2' through every diagonal; all of the other diagonals appear to be the same, extended, rotating pattern.

numberGrid.JPG

But I don't see any mathematical logic to it.

Do you know when or where it was made?

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

She said she bought it used in Washington state 25 years ago. I lied and said it was a Mormon game and explained the rules as such:

Screenshot_20191001-211002~2.png

waikikigun

Can't wait to find out what this is. I can't find any ref to it.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I was hoping @deluxestogie would know.
Or maybe even @OldDinosaurWesH.
I spent an hour searching concepts and images, and playing with the number patterns. Fibonacci? Nope. Pascal? Nope. Sums? Nope. Products? Nope. Primes? Nope.

So, do you own this treasure, or is this just "for a friend"?

Bob

EDIT: It might be that IQ test I flunked a few years back. "What will be the next number in this series?"

ChinaVoodoo

I spent an hour searching concepts and images, and playing with the number patterns. Fibonacci? Nope. Pascal? Nope. Sums? Nope. Products? Nope. Primes? Nope.

So, do you own this treasure, or is this just "for a friend"?

Bob

EDIT: It might be that IQ test I flunked a few years back. "What will be the next number in this series?"
A professor owns it. Knowing her, she might be pulling everyone's leg with it.

I don't think there's any sequence, either. It would only be playable once if it was some sort of magic squares or sudoku type game.

I have this intuition that it's played with dice. Probably two of them, which would explain why there are no 1s on the table.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
TinEyeSearchResults.JPG

Here's what I get with a copied image from which all metadata was removed, the resolution and size were changed, and the file renamed:

TinEyeResult_RenamedUSSupremeCourta.JPG

If I also crop that image, I still get 677 results. Pretty impressive image search algorithm.

Bob

Last edited:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I think there is no question that this is a game. But without knowing the accompanying tools and its rules, it's just a nice piece of antique craft.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.