Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rainfall for Growing Tobacco

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
In Izmir, Turkey--where tobacco has been extensively grown for centuries, the annual rainfall is 700 mm. You will likely need to supplement water initially, to start the small transplants well, but may or may not need to water later in the season.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

You're right. It is more likely that you would need to irrigate if your temperatures are higher than mine. My winters are longer than yours, I'm sure.

Tobacco is far more drought resistant than you would think. It's more on the level with corn than with tomatoes, for example.

You can use mulch to keep the ground from getting too hot.

saman_ghaderian

I took a look where Saqqez is: it’s at nearly 1500 meters above sea level! No idea of the general climate, but winters are cold for sure.

pier
We have about 120 days of cold and frost. But we have almost two months of hot and dry summer. Of course we have cool nights. In our region, Berley cultivar is grown for cigarette production. Our soils in some areas are calcareous and completely neutral to alkaline. Someone doubted me, he said the climate and soil of this area is not suitable for cigar tobacco production and can not be produced tobacco for cigar production.