Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What did you smoke today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floppy2

Saturday, I smoked, for the first time a commercial Partagas Black Label pronto. As my husband loves this type of cigar, and I need to know what to grow to make it, I gave it a try. I now know why he loves it. The wrapper is chocloatey and sweet. Very strong, at least for me, and flavorful, but not harsh or hard tasting. I liked it as well. Had only 1 and it was enough. Did not feel so good afterward but I am glad I gave it a try. Need to know what the guys want and why.

Now to keep the rustica intact until the kiln is built. Are plastic ziplocks okay for now? Keeping air and excess moisture out. The leaves are not dry or moldy so far.

bjr

Tutu

I was not expecting this at all, but these really are a decent smoke. First time I've tried one. Won't be the last...

IMG_20161101_191406924.jpg

Copenhagen Forever

I trying my hand at rolling. In anticipation of receiving my order from BigBonner, I rolled 3 cigars with some bright yellow and orange leaf he gave me as samples. They've been drying for a couple of days so I smoked one this morning. It was for practice mostly but it smoked very good. Bottom in the picture. The cigar kit I bought was way more generous than I imagined. Thank you Larry for all the variety of tobacco and the glue too.
DSC05711.jpg
My order came in yesterday and I was up to my knees in it. I got a little dizzy trying to figure what I could do with all this tobacco so I just started in getting a dip batch ready to cook. This morning I rolled 2 cigars. Havana, Silver river and Fl Sumatra fill with a CT binder and a PA wrapper. I have no idea what I'm doing but the videos help a lot.

Copenhagen Forever

Hey, I smoked one while I made one of these thingys.
DSC05713.jpg Smoked it down t0 the nub after I took this pic. I can taste the Silver Rivers peppermint experience. Wow it was good. Making quality cigars now. About a 1/3 the way down I hit the sweet spot. Great taste.

ArizonaDave

Hey, I smoked one while I made one of these thingys.
View attachment 19792 Smoked it down t0 the nub after I took this pic. I can taste the Silver Rivers peppermint experience. Wow it was good. Making quality cigars now. About a 1/3 the way down I hit the sweet spot. Great taste.

Very interesting Cheveta! Is that made from a brake?

Copenhagen Forever

Motorcycle rear sprocket. I wanted something thinner but it will work. I may have to harden it. It's high carbon steel but in an annealed state. Used a knife to make my cigars, it doesn't work.

ArizonaDave

Motorcycle rear sprocket. I wanted something thinner but it will work. I may have to harden it. It's high carbon steel but in an annealed state. Used a knife to make my cigars, it doesn't work.
That is EXCELLENT! How much would charge an FTT member for one of those?

Marc, I agree! It would be easy to put a handle on one too :)

Tutu

Smoked this Chinese comrade today. Made by a company called Huanghelou. These guys know what they're doing, good cigar by any standard...

DSC_0163.jpg

Tutu

Haha I'm afraid I've got to take that credit myself because I took it off and then put it back on for the photo

Copenhagen Forever

I was going thru my Silver River and FL Sumatra this morning and as the little pieces broke off they added up. As I went thru each lot, I could not believe the amount of resin. It was so sticky that the tips stuck to my fingers ripping of little pieces as I de-stemmed. I rolled a couple of whiffs. One SR and one FL S. I needed no water to work them flattened out.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
A vuelta abajo puro, 2 leaves from the lower priming. It was good, bordering on great but still needs more time in the kiln. A little on the strong side though. It's not done yet but I'm getting a definite hint why people mention it so much here.

Copenhagen Forever

Smoked a pure fire cured from BigBonners stuff. I was stumped because it was sweet, smooth, mouth watering and smoked for 2 hours. I just rolled 2 more. Not what I expected because the fire cured smell is fairly strong. I'm going to need more I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.