Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Award Winning Tobacco with BRAGGING rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I have bragging rights
Last week the Kentucky State Fair was held . My Niece entered some flowers she grew along with tobacco she grew and help me grow on my farm .
Tobacco from all over the state is on display and judged , Burley , Dark fire , Dark air , live stalks , cut and hung stalks and hand tied tobacco .

My niece helps me set and strip tobacco . She had a little of her own for a FFA project .
This was grown on my farm . She won Best over all Exhibitor ( Big Plaque ) and top in district .
Red Tips won a Blue ribbon .She had Four grade's of tobacco with all getting ribbons .

Here is a picture Those are red tips she is holding .
2c4GgGp.jpg

leverhead

That's great, congratulations! I take it that you're having a better year than last.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
BigB is due a good year. And congrats to your niece's award winning tobacco! What a beauty! And the tobacco too!

Gdaddy

Congrats! That IS something to brag about. I didn't know there were judged events like this.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I could have told you that your red tip burley is blue ribbon material. I love the stuff. Congratulations.

(I learned to tie hands by deconstructing your hands of red tip burley.)

Bob

BigBonner

Founding Member
That is last years tobacco , it was the better fields .

After planting this years crop I went through a really dry spell and the tobacco did not get the take off it should have gotten .
This year the rain has went all the way around me or died out just before hitting my area .
One mile up my road or one and a half miles down the road there was plenty of rain . But my tobacco this year is looking fair so far, it would have been a lot better if I had more rain .
I taught her how to tie hands and she does pretty good . But she ties in either direction , one time she may roll to the left and next time she may roll to the right .

She is 15 Years old and proud of her tobacco . The walnut plaque is in the shape of KY and flat brass Kentucky cut out inside of that . It is a really nice one
xaibpPXs.jpg

bonehead

wow that looks so neat. where i live in ct. you are only allowed to pay tobacco tax. if i ever took tobacco to a 4h fair or any other fair they would cut off my balls. it is nice to see a kid outside growing something.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Congratulations Larry! Now all you have to do is get her to join FTT
What's really cool (to me) is your State Fair still has a Tobacco Category. Here in Maryland the State Fair has turned into more of a carnival. At least where I am our County Fair (Cecil County) it is still rural enough that we still we have a crash car derby!

Briar Spirit

The Scary Bear Owner
Congratulations to the both of you, well earned indeed, sorry about the lack of rain this year, can't be easy to cope with knowing just down the road is getting plenty, hope things get better with the water for you.

CT Tobaccoman

Congratulations--nice looking tobacco. Nice looking girl too.

BTW BB, the MD 609 plants that you sent me are coming along very nice. Lush big leaves. Beautiful stuff, makes me glad that my burley didn't work out.

CT

BigBonner

Founding Member
Congratulations to you and your Niece! Do you ever sell that red tip 'baccy here on FTT?

I sell a lot of different types of tobacco that I grow .

CT Tobaccoman

The Maryland is a good grower with big leaves and stands longer than burley after topping . It is hard to handle as you have to cut it let it wilt a couple of hours and spear it up and haul it in before it get sunburnt . Too much sun is just like Ct Broadleaf it will cause the leaf to have color cured green in the leaves .

Maryland makes a great cigar filler and good in cigarettes to .

Thanks for the compliments She is already planning next year .

Status
Not open for further replies.