Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

FX Smith's Sons

Knucklehead

Founding Member
An FmGrowit post in another thread:

Join DateMay 2011LocationPeninsula, Ohio, United StatesPosts2,956
Re: Question on legality of processing AFTER purchase of whole leaf

If you manipulate a tobacco leave in any way other than putting it in a bag and selling it, you're a manufacturer. If you shred ANY leaf, regardless of who owns it, you are a manufacturer and you'll need a TTB license to do it.

The feds aren't going to argue semantics with you...they'll charge you with a crime, put you in jail and say "we'll let the judge figure it out".

A bigger hurdle to overcome will be convincing the market owner you aren't selling tobacco. Even if you we're selling "custom shredding", you'll have difficult enough of a time selling whole leaf which is quite legitimate.

reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
Join DateMay 2011LocationPeninsula, Ohio, United StatesPosts2,956
[h=2]Re: Question on legality of processing AFTER purchase of whole leaf[/h]

Of course you know processing tobacco for your own use is perfectly legal, but that's not what you were arguing. Believe it or not, there can be a case made against you for GIVING away processed tobacco especially if you are the one doing the processing. There is obscure law about tobacco "changing hands" needs to be taxed. So technically, if you give someone a cigarette (processed tobacco) , you are supposed to collect the tax on it...or something like that.

You are much safer dealing in dope than fuccing with the government's tobacco. Trust me, you're tryig to create a loophole where one does not exist.

There is plenty of opportunity to sell unprocessed tobacco without violating any laws. I'd very strongly encourage you to work within the legalities of the law as they currently exist and make the necessary adjustments to keep within the confines of the law.

webmost

Dillan and Richard --- Yours are in the mail today.

Anyone who didn't get theirs let me know.

webmost

DGBAMA

FX Smith Cigar Machinery video

Thank you for sharing.

From my "gear head" point of view and the obvious age of the machines, the number of well timed mechanical movements makes the machine a remarkable piece of engineering.

Fun stuff.

charlie G.

Thanks for posting that video Marc. That is one bad ass machine they have.
I really like how they roll, steam and cut the wrappers. I also see an important part is the roller that smooths the cigar after the final wrapper goes on.

DGBAMA

I couldn't help myself.

I am glad you couldn't. Many will not appreciate. In these days of AutoCad and computer modeling, I doubt many if any of today's designers or builders could accomplish that machine if their computers and cnc machines were taken away.

I have built many gasoline engine, but the one I enjoyed the most was restoring a 1940s vintage flathead 4 sailboat engine. Ran so smooth it could sit on the floor running, and not move, with no motor mounts of any kind.

Cigar

what would be cool if you could figure a way to like stamp/print logo on the wrapper leaf..?? just a thought.

Cigar

webmost

what would be cool if you could figure a way to like stamp/print logo on the wrapper leaf..?? just a thought.

Cigar

Been there done that.

Had a die maker make me a die with a UP logo for Uppowoc Perfecto. Stamps out a bit of leaf which I can paste into a cigar. Stopped using it. Biggest prob was trying to find contrasting leaf to cut the logo out of.

UPdie.jpg

webmost

My amateur vid doesn't do the thing justice. They are super fascinating triumphs of 19th century technology. And the sound... !

That machinery is how I fell in love with the place.