Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Homegrown pipe tobacco recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonH

I'll bite!... PM sent
My CARE package arrived yesterday. That Samsun Maden is really nice! JBD also included a sample of another Turkish variety, Karabaglar. I never heard of that one, but it was also very good. I smoked some puro cigarettes out of both of them to get an idea of their flavor. I tried a couple bowls of the Samsun in a pipe. The first time, though, I mistakenly chose the pipe I used to sample the whole leaf Latakia, so all I tasted is the Latakia ghost. I tried another pipe that had less ghosts and it tastes pretty smooth in a pipe. I'm going to test some blends for cigs.

Thanks, JBD!

jojjas

Red Virginia recepi
I like the RV (red virginia) , but it can a little to much somtimes and this is what i consider usefull

Stoving
(I dont know if its the correct term but this is what i do)
Moist the leafs to high case ( i use 80 gr leafs and 20 gr of water) put them in box whit airtight lid ( it most important that is airtight) and put it in the oven for 6 hours in 90° , take them out and let dry on a newspaper or similar to proper moist level

The stoving recepi i use for making pluggs , i mix them with 20% brown cavendish and 3% perique and press them in a wooden mold for longer period of time ( the longer time it gets better) i pressed the pluggs for about 3 months

These tips shall not be take some exact sience , just only inspire other to experiment with the tobacco leafs

holyRYO

Red Virginia recepi
I like the RV (red virginia) , but it can a little to much somtimes and this is what i consider usefull

Stoving
(I dont know if its the correct term but this is what i do)
Moist the leafs to high case ( i use 80 gr leafs and 20 gr of water) put them in box whit airtight lid ( it most important that is airtight) and put it in the oven for 6 hours in 90° , take them out and let dry on a newspaper or similar to proper moist level

The stoving recepi i use for making pluggs , i mix them with 20% brown cavendish and 3% perique and press them in a wooden mold for longer period of time ( the longer time it gets better) i pressed the pluggs for about 3 months

These tips shall not be take some exact sience , just only inspire other to experiment with the tobacco leafs

I often stove WLT Red Virginia for my cigarettes. Comes out less harsh, different taste and smell, but does not burn as well. Is it better? No, just different, always less harsh, but the poor burn requires something blended with it to burn well.

I have tried a few other Virginias, the Red types came out best for some reason.

jojjas

My latest favorite tobacco recepie i made , its a blend of 50% latakia , 20% sweet cavendish made of maryland 609 , 20% stoved red virginia and 10% firecured20131105_174433.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
My latest favorite tobacco recepie i made , its a blend of 50% latakia , 20% sweet cavendish made of maryland 609 , 20% stoved red virginia and 10% firecured

That's an interesting looking blend. 60% of it being a type of fire cured leaf.

jojjas

Yeah Knucks , this blend , i named it DH (darkest hour) i was sitting in my shed and was thinking dark thougts , this idea appeared, a blend of my darkest tobbaccovarieties , and it show up to be very good
Its very good to smoke after an overdose evening dinner or before bedtime

20131109_131243.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I agree with Bob, the blend sounds very nice. I still have to get some Latakia from Don and give some pipe blends a try out.

jojjas

I agree with Bob, the blend sounds very nice. I still have to get some Latakia from Don and give some pipe blends a try out.

Please do that but i have to warn you , you dont wont to smoke somthing else ever , a friend to me , i gave him a sample of Don`s latakia ( i bought 6 lbs) and he smoke it straight in cigaretts and he is coming for more of it

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I am about to order the cigar filler and cigar wrapper samplers for my brother in law's Christmas present. I will sneak in some Latakia for myself. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.