Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Most "peppery" tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowboardin58

What is the most "peppery" tobacco available to us anyone here can recall off hand? By peppery, I mean that black pepper you get from Pepin's cigars, or lots of Nicaraguan puros in the past decade-and-a-half (AJF, Viaje).

For me, it was the WLT Esteli Ligero. The current WLT Condega ligero is superb; not as peppery, but still bold and strong. I'd also say the batch of Corojo ligero I received a year ago was peppery in a different way.

Any other ones to throw out there? I realize not all of us have been through the entire catalog, not to mention consistency-per-SKU varies. I thought maybe I'd get some insight before my next order!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The only cigar tobaccos that I would actually consider "peppery" are Costa Rican Iztepeque 589, Tabasqueño Prieto and Chichicaste. Nobody sells it. You'll have to grow it.

Bob

waikikigun

What is the most "peppery" tobacco available to us anyone here can recall off hand? By peppery, I mean that black pepper you get from Pepin's cigars, or lots of Nicaraguan puros in the past decade-and-a-half (AJF, Viaje).

For me, it was the WLT Esteli Ligero. The current WLT Condega ligero is superb; not as peppery, but still bold and strong. I'd also say the batch of Corojo ligero I received a year ago was peppery in a different way.

Any other ones to throw out there? I realize not all of us have been through the entire catalog, not to mention consistency-per-SKU varies. I thought maybe I'd get some insight before my next order!
I'd say the current Nica habano, aka Condega, viso. When did WLT sell Esteli leaf? (Not in the last 5 years, I know that, but I wonder how long before that).

snowboardin58

I'd say the current Nica habano, aka Condega, viso. When did WLT sell Esteli leaf? (Not in the last 5 years, I know that, but I wonder how long before that).
Perhaps it was still the Condega, but it was labeled as Esteli until recently. So maybe it's from the same source. Either way, super tasty! The ligero I received several times last year was certainly peppery (to me). My most recent shipment was less "peppery," but has a richer, fuller flavor that I love.

waikikigun

Perhaps it was still the Condega, but it was labeled as Esteli until recently. So maybe it's from the same source. Either way, super tasty! The ligero I received several times last year was certainly peppery (to me). My most recent shipment was less "peppery," but has a richer, fuller flavor that I love.
Oh, okay. I guess I'm just spacing that it used to be labeled Esteli.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Condega is in the state of Esteli. The distance between the towns of Condega and Esteli is about the same as my drive to the local Walmart.

Bob

waikikigun

I remember your previous post on this topic. What I didn't remember was seeing the word Esteli used on any packaging or website descriptions of the WLT "Nicaraguan Habano." He said it was labeled as Esteli until recently and I take his word as my memory ain't what it was back when I was 55.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Nicaragua tobacco can be hard to find, so I have to switch vendors as needed. Some of the tobacco comes in labeled...some does not. Unfortunately, the product description does not always synchronize with the product distribution. It will be Nicaragua tobacco, but maybe just not from the same vendor.

Tutu

Honduras Jamastran, the ligero cuts, is probably about the most "peppery" that comes to my mind.

Nicaraguan tobaccos, more so Estelí than others, can also be described as peppery, although I'd say it's more strength then pepper!

snowboardin58

Slightly off topic, but... just got notice of our next bale of Nicaragua Habano Viso

Type: Nicaraguan Viso Longfiller A (Condega)
Crop: 2015
Well that'll certainly be on the list to order! When a particular SKU goes "out of stock" on the website, and then comes back in X-quantity, does that indicate a new bale, or not necessarily so?

Status
Not open for further replies.