Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Product. Oriental Prilep

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I've been looking for a supplier of genuine Turkish/Oriental tobaccos for quite a while and have been lucky enough to find a couple of cases of Prilep. The leaves are very small with most being under 3" long. There are leaves up to 6" long, but there are not a lot. As with most traditionally grown Turkish tobaccos, no processing before shredding is required.

This leaf was grown in Macedonia in northern Greece. This well aged leaf from the crop year 2008 is somewhat milder than Izmir, but maintains typical Turkish flavors and aromas.

Pictures and ordering will be available Monday.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Really good find Don, congrats. As you meant it's not from Macedonia (Republic of) but Greece. Well, do you know which part of the region it was grown ? West, Central or East ?

jojjas

Yes , really good , i just test some outstanding prilep leaf from Rainmax , and this , i must have more of
Order as soon as possible will come
Mikael

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Really good find Don, congrats. As you meant it's not from Macedonia (Republic of) but Greece. Well, do you know which part of the region it was grown ? West, Central or East ?

The only information I was given is that it was grown in Macedonia. Is that not northern Greece?

Yes , really good , i just test some outstanding prilep leaf from Rainmax , and this , i must have more of
Order as soon as possible will come
Mikael
I only have 600 lbs., but I'll save some for you.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Historically, Macedonia (home of Alexander the Great) was located in the northern regions of today's Greece, and into the area of the recently named Republic of Macedonia (formerly part of Soviet Yugoslavia). The city of Prilep is in the Republic of Macedonia.

Bob

istanbulin

Founding Member
The only information I was given is that it was grown in Macedonia. Is that not northern Greece?

Macedonia both refers to the country [Republic of Macedonia or FYROM (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia)] and the traditional region of Greece (northen part of the country, capital of the region is Thessaloniki). Prilep (variety) was developed in Prilep (Rep. of Macedonia) but as far as I know it's grown in various countries (i.e. Turkey) so I thought it might have been grown in Greece but now I guess it's from Macedonia (Rep. of).

EDIT: Posted same time with Bob :)

Knucklehead

Founding Member
@#$&*$# it!!!! I'm never going to get to smoke my own leaf if Don keeps coming up with these great finds!! @#$&%$ !!!! Why do I bother to #@$%&#@ grow my own &%@$#*$ tobacco anyway???? @#$&%$# !!!! Can I say shit and damn in here?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Knuckle,
Look on the bright side, Don's bringing you some tobaccos that you'd never have a chance to grow yourself. Be glad for the good news.:)

That's what I'm saying, he keeps bringing in this great leaf, with 50% off this 30% off that. I'm wondering why I'm sweating out in the hot sun all summer. lol The man is making it hard to justify growing my own. I think there's a conspiracy afoot here. :eek:

Brown Thumb

@#$&*$# it!!!! I'm never going to get to smoke my own leaf if Don keeps coming up with these great finds!! @#$&%$ !!!! Why do I bother to #@$%&#@ grow my own &%@$#*$ tobacco anyway???? @#$&%$# !!!! Can I say shit and damn in here?
Knucks I think you took care of finding out if you can say Chit in your grow log. Well damn.
Just don't drop the f Bomb.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Very pretty leaf.

A pound of Prilep, a pound of Flue-Cured Virginia Red, and a pound of Latakia, and you've got a medium-strength, eye catching, Macedonian pipe blend going. Or an English style pipe tobacco sampler. Maybe add some Lemon Virginia.

Bob

holyRYO

Looks to be another fantastic addition to the lineup! Aged almost 6 years you say! Try to find that somewhere else, ha ha ha...

DonH

My Prilep order arrived today from WLT. Amazing! This is the best Oriental I have ever tasted! Some of the best tobacco of all kinds I've ever had. Beautiful color and very aromatic flavor. I smoked half of a puro rollup, but I had to stop halfway so that I could post this. Now I have a standard to compare any Turkish I grow to. Not sure I can be patient enough to age it six years, though. Don, you've got a winner here. I'm looking forward to using it in some blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.