Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Newly Discovered Root Phenomenon -- Nobel and Pulitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Question: How do you know when you've had too much rain for the year?

Answer: When roots start growing out the side of your plants!!

roots close.jpg

The roots are coming out about three inches above the ground.

root plant.jpg

Has anyone seen this happen before?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The seedling were started in Miracle Grow potting soil and then planted in dirt with no amendments. Weird, huh?

DGBAMA

Not wierd at all apparently. I have pics of mine doing the same thing. Was going to add to the thread of rooting from stalks. I have plants growing roots in mid_air it has been so wet.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Not wierd at all apparently. I have pics of mine doing the same thing. Was going to add to the thread of rooting from stalks. I have plants growing roots in mid_air it has been so wet.

Post them here and we'll share the nobel prize.

DGBAMA

Here are three differnt ones. As soon as I can find some dirt around her (not mud) I will be mounding around the bases of each plant.

IMG_20130707_084940_940[1].jpg

IMG_20130707_085022_572[1].jpg

IMG_20130707_085126_296[1].jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I checked mine today. Every plant is doing it. I think it's bad news. Refer to Grow Blog.

DGBAMA

I checked mine today. Every plant is doing it. I think it's bad news. Refer to Grow Blog.

Knucks, I think it more a response to the weather conditions (cool, moist, and little sun for the time of year) than it is compensating for a problem with the primary root system. I can say that because I have the same thing happening with a couple of my backup plants which are still in cups and have not been subjected to the drowning conditions of our patches.
IMG_20130707_093909_877[1].jpg

I say trim back the bottom couple leaves and mound some dirt up around them........let the extra roots make extra growth.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Knucks, I think it more a response to the weather conditions (cool, moist, and little sun for the time of year) than it is compensating for a problem with the primary root system. I can say that because I have the same thing happening with a couple of my backup plants which are still in cups and have not been subjected to the drowning conditions of our patches.
View attachment 6257

Status
Not open for further replies.