Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Roll your own vs inject your own

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
I roll my own cigs. and smoke less as a result. I spend 10 - 15 minutes in the morning to roll 2 cigars for the ride to work and back. A tobacco pouch for any cigarettes during the day.

Tom_in_TN

You seem to have a good pattern going for you. How much tobacco (weight) do you roll in one of your typical cigarettes?

Steve2md

I roll my own when I'm "in tobacco", but as of late, by stash runneth dry. I've been smoking bugler off and on lately, but have gone back to mostly cigars. Hopefully, my winter grow attempt will solve all of my problems for a while...

Steve2md

Within the next month(sept) My temps don't consistently get below 70 or so until mid January, and I have a "grow tent" that I can use as a micro environment if it gets too cool. This will be a small potted crop, as I am renting and in the city (stuck since I have to spend so much time at the VA hospital)

Steve2md

I might get lucky and be able to do 2 rotations this winter. I plan to order some plants in the spring and plant them at my folk's house in Flagstaff for a "7000 foot tobacco experiment" they never get above 95 except once or twice every 5 years or so

Tom_in_TN

Maybe for your 2nd grow you could also chop the stalk off a great plant from the the 1st grow and let that 'sucker plant' mature.

Growing any Mt Pima?

BarG

Founding Member
You seem to have a good pattern going for you. How much tobacco (weight) do you roll in one of your typical cigarettes?

Depending if its to dry[in low case] or to sweaty[ high case] no clue. My cig. pouch is deer skin and going on 3 years. I want to make a new one with a bugler foil sandwiched between deer hides. A double layer . It would help keep it more ready to roll. I always have it with me and if i'm sweating , my baccy is getting wet.

I want to make a more sweat free pouch.

I'll say this for a fact , that I smoke less by rolling by hand as compared to smoking injected.
If I can pull one out and light it up i would.

Tom_in_TN

Depending if its to dry[in low case] or to sweaty[ high case] no clue.

Start carryin' a small set of scales to weigh your tobacco. :D

I want to make a more sweat free pouch.

OK, a foil liner makes sense. Same as me trying to keep matches dry in order to strike a match and light a fire.

What blend, varieties, are you smokin'???? I'm going to kiln some of the leaf I have for cigarettes, cigars and my pipe.

BarG

Founding Member
Start carryin' a small set of scales to weigh your tobacco. :D

OK, a foil liner makes sense. Same as me trying to keep matches dry in order to strike a match and light a fire.

What blend, varieties, are you smokin'???? I'm going to kiln some of the leaf I have for cigarettes, cigars and my pipe.

I buy my flue cured from Don and mix that with Bonners burley.Heh heh Seriousley.
I have some new varietys to try this year. I've been giving them the test. Have you tried Perique?

I have been smokin the tradititional blend ,but that is having less and less favor with me.
I seem to be moving from wanting cigarettes to craving a cigar.
Don't get me wrong I have bursa and ottoman to mix with my blend now and I still mix that and smoke my home rolled cigarettes.

olivercramden

How much tobacco (weight) do you roll in one of your typical cigarettes?
A good rule of thumb is: 1gm=1 cig. (An oz should make a pack and 1/2, give or take.)
1 lb= 2 to 2.5 cartons
D&R Tobacco sells 14 oz bags because that works out to 2 cartons (2 boxes of tubes).

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i'll smoke either one,

but i like injecting mine, [ i like my cigg to have a CANCER CARBERATOUR on it ] < thats a filter,,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.