Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Saz/Bağlama making

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I know that there're plenty of people interested in woodworking and music in this forum. The junction point of woodworking and music is making an instrument. I know it's not an easy issue, it requires a lot of knowledge and experience. But I found a short documentary about saz/baglama making. This short documentary is only a chapter of a documentary series of "Ellerin Türküsü" (the folk song of the hands). This movie has English subtitles (sometimes it's very hard to find English subtitles).

First, what's the saz/bağlama ?

The most commonly used string folk instrument in Turkey, the bağlama has seven strings divided into courses of two, two and three. It can be tuned in various ways and takes different names according to region and size. "Cura" is the smallest member of the bağlama family and "Divan sazı" is the largest instrument in the family. [1]

Every part is handmade in this workshop, so his work is very rare. I hope you enjoy watching.

Part 1:

ne3go

Very interesting video!
It's bad that young people don't have interest in learning how to make traditional handmade objects of wood,metal etc. After a few years, this great art will be forgotten...

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Craftsmanship is dying with along with patience. Kids today seek instant gratification. They may never experience the satisfaction of a job done well and with pride and that is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.