Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

1960 chevy apache truck-- hot rod build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i finally got it in the yard.. the 60' apache........ ive asked for my old thread to be deleted. it was a suggestion thread to find the popular opinion on which truck to build,

as soon as i get the second truck in the yard....a 1963 chevy stepside truck, [ which is the same truck.. minus a upgrade on the suspension ]

i can begin this build,

heres the 60' cleaned up and thouroughlly pressure washed, the starter was bad. so i havent fired it up yet,,,

..IMG_20151213_174201346.jpgIMG_20151213_174131399.jpgIMG_20151212_165453282.jpgIMG_20151212_165443088.jpgIMG_20151211_190136355.jpg

this may not be a thread thats updated a lot... im taking my time on this project..

heres the other truck that hasnt made it to the yard yet.... the two will make '' one ''

..IMG_20151111_152928031_HDR.jpgIMG_20151111_153048290_HDR.jpgIMG_20151111_153253948_HDR.jpgIMG_20151111_153059566_HDR.jpg

im really on hold right now.. till the other truck makes it to the yard...

the one with a bed on it is proablly the one im gonna build,,, but i want know till i can look at both of them... i plan on putting the shifter BACK ON THE COLUMN 3 on the tree..

SO WE WAIT....

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
That's going to be a nice restoration project, looking forward to pics!

its not going to be a restoration at all..... im gonna trick this truck out. with 2.... 1 barrell carbs,,, wide back tires... and chrome side pipes... with a hot 3/4 cam... bore the motor 30 over... and port the heads,,, im gonna stay with the 6 cylinder. but im gonna make it '' hot ''

this truck is gonna be a head -- turner when i get done with it,

about 3 grand is what ill proablly end up putting in it... maybe another 2 but whos counting,,,

ArizonaDave

its not going to be a restoration at all..... im gonna trick this truck out. with 2.... 1 barrell carbs,,, wide back tires... and chrome side pipes... with a hot 3/4 cam... bore the motor 30 over... and port the heads,,, im gonna stay with the 6 cylinder. but im gonna make it '' hot ''

this truck is gonna be a head -- turner when i get done with it,

about 3 grand is what ill proablly end up putting in it... maybe another 2 but whos counting,,,

That's going to look sweet! Actually, I prefer them tricked out :)

Smokin Harley

Is that a military truck next to it?? I tell ya ,Chicken...my son would love to get his hands dirty in there with you. That boy of mine bleeds chevy bowtie blue.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Is that a military truck next to it?? I tell ya ,Chicken...my son would love to get his hands dirty in there with you. That boy of mine bleeds chevy bowtie blue.

Yeah the guy where the 63 is at has a lot full of older military..and old fire trucks...he has a "" tractor service shop "". But he's got all kinds of crap..and possibly a front axle to build a 4x4. On my next build...but the 63 comes first.

Brown Thumb

Mount a set of deer antlers to the hood.
that would be trick.
What ever happened to the FTT Truck?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well i got a new starter for it... cleaned the plugs and points... rebuilt the carb...changed the oil....

and today we actually got serious about starting it... wired it all to a push button starter switch....

she purr's like a kitten..and the fuel pump sucked gas right out of my '' gator-ade '' bottle fuel tank.

rustycase

Sounds pretty good!
wimpy accelerator pump, but you would kit it anyway...
Here's another 6 from the same page...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMWp-jTNQF0
rc

my 2 cents?
Build it with lift ramps on the tail and a small winch.
Your very own tow truck is a good thing to own!
Rat rod, of course.

87c2646d5557244a45029b53fd13b622.jpg

The lift ramps wouldn't be so darned Big!

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

rustycase

Aw heck!
It's a whole new year!

Try this.

If they can profit at 3495 you could probably weld one up and use a cable lift for a lot cheaper.

There's a lot of the snatcher lifts on youtube, but the one above is simple, and a hide-away.

rc

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Wow I'm surprised it runs sweet

Yeah I was surprised also at how good of condition it was in...no tapping..no smoke..no issues at all..

But it was a old farm truck...I was told its only job was to haul pig feed..for numerous years....and the old guy told me he winterized it..and prepped it to be there a while

When he parked it.

Cigar

chicken you and my son would get along fine..he just got-out army and spent money on this!!

Cigar

just think..indianjoe..single...25..and car like that..wow.would like be him and know what we do now?? The trouble/fun we could have!!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Once you own a truck...you'll never go back to a car..( at least that's a saying I've heard )..

I was watching you-tube and seen something a guy did to a stock intake manifold..to have it accept 2 carbs...I like the simplicity of what he did..and may try it myself....and save $$$ from buying the 2 carb manifold..

Although the end game will be a head turning truck.

I'm on a redneck budget.....

And on a side note..I got my 2 bags of vermiculite..I'm ready to start some seeds..

Status
Not open for further replies.