Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

1st outdoor grow in Finland 2023, Victory Garden -style: @mysc

mysc

I think the curing process is now as complete as it gets, because natural RH in the room has dropped to mere 29% and all leaves are brittle-dry to the stem. I have no humidifiers so that's it. Quite a speedy pile+air-cure, just a tad bit over 3 weeks total for the latest additions and they probably reached their current state at least a week ago, just been lazy to take pics and update.

Some minute amount of dry green was left in the thickest root part of the largest leaves' stems, but they get discarded in threshing anyway so probably a non-issue. I think even the undersides cured quite nicely taking into account the obvious lack of RH; if not to solid brown like upsides, but to grayish-brown, as seen in the pic. Overall I am quite happy with the outcome this far.

Only problem left now is that handling the leaves in their current state is almost impossible, without turning them to dust. They are very fragile. Even putting them to plastic bags to bring back to case for threshing and shredding would break a lot of them, but apart from getting a whole-room humidifier I guess that's just inevitable now. But at least there's zero risk of mold and I suppose they can be stored on the ladder like that, in crisp-dry state without any haste to take then down and back into case?

This will most likely be the last update to this blog, and I will move to more appropriate forum sections for shredding and casing and such, when I'll get to that. Hope my old, cheap, hand-crack-shredder still holds in one piece. Does a shoddy job of like 2mm wide strips despite promising much thinner, but at least it still works.

I think I'll have to go now, to get me some rolling papers...

curing complete 2.jpg

Last edited: