Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Shisha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

a little on my progress with makin shisha. The candy oil is just missin sumin.Just dont have the smoothness of the stow bought. it could be the bacca. I just dont know.The loungin around season is about over and I didnt get it right. I did get fat though.I gess all I can do is take a pull and think of this years crop and getin it to a nice tan color, and cold Beer on a hot afternoon. I could just fall down now.

Boboro

No tonite was the 1st. I read it could be tombac. If some one has seed I will give it a shot. It mite be hard to leave it in the yard to get dewed on. But Im game.

MikeAndreson

Mike Andreson
I agree..Finding its seed is somewhat difficult.I'm not sure tombac where you can get it's seed. All of the tombacs and ready to smoke hookah mixtures and also charcoals came from Arab countries.

Boboro

Fantasia shisha is made in Caif. and is made with Virg. tobacco. Tangiers is also made in Caif. but I dont know the tobacco he uses. They cost a lot more. I like Fantasia. I have not tryed Tangiers. I think the guy was makin fun of my accsent.

PlantTeacher

Only noticed about to brands of shisha mentioned in the forum. Was wondering what brands everyone else smoked. Besides those who make their own which is really awesome.

Boboro

I like Al Fakher.It $1.50 the Fantasia is $4.50. For 50 grams. Still workin on makin my own that is as good as store bought.

leverhead

I've tried Al Fakher, Haze and Desi Murli. I found a knock off recipe on Hookah Pro for Desi Murli, it came pretty close. The thing with Desi Murli is there's a flavor in there that reminds me of baby powder. I've been playing off and on with water extracts of the spices individually, I haven't gotten to the Alcohol extracts yet. Just using Black Tea for the wash water on the Tombac makes a big difference! It makes it taste more like tobacco, even over the Molasses.

PlantTeacher

That's very inexpensive. I started out with Social Smoke. It had good flavor but . . . i started smoking Golden Layalina made in Dubai (I guess this is Oriental tobacco) and this was significantly stronger. Thinking back on it though, I was a lightweight and probably still am so it was probably best that I started out with a . . . joke-brand.

I haven't heard of any of the other brands (nubie) except AlFakher.

istanbulin

Founding Member
... Just using Black Tea for the wash water on the Tombac makes a big difference! It makes it taste more like tobacco, even over the Molasses.

Did you use a tea bag or other form of black tea ? BTW, I know that most of the Americans are not fan of black tea but trying different type of tea may create different tastes on tombac e.g. Ceylon tea, Earl Grey etc.. First, I'll try it with some good brewed Turkish black tea.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Did you use a tea bag or other form of black tea ? BTW, I know that most of the Americans are not fan of black tea but trying different type of tea may create different tastes on tombac e.g. Ceylon tea, Earl Grey etc.. First, I'll try it with some good brewed Turkish black tea.
Once again I guess I'm not your average American. I've been drinking a liter of black tea/day for the last 30 years.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Once again I guess I'm not your average American. I've been drinking a liter of black tea/day for the last 30 years.

I think you're not an average American according to tea consumption statistics not to me. Here's the link about it. Paraguay heads on the list by 11 kg (390 oz) per capita. Turkey is the 9th by 2.8 kg (99 oz) and the USA is 70th by 0.5 kg (18 oz) per capita. Statistics are based on annual consumption of dry tea weight.

EDIT: John, you deserved a pack of Rize tea.

EDIT (again) : The statistics has changed since that time. Turkey - 1st with 7.52 kg (265 oz) and the USA - 69th with 0.33 kg (12 oz).

Last edited:

leverhead

I used black tea in bags, purchased at the Asian market. The Earl Grey has (oil of?) Bergamot in it, it tasted different from the Black Tea in Shisha. So far I've only used the water solubles, but it's been a sometimes boring and sometimes fun experiment. I want to try the alcohol solubles before I start to mix things up. I'm up to trying Turkish Black tea. Is there a name or brand I should look for? I'll dig up the information for proper credit for the recipe and post it here.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I used black tea in bags, purchased at the Asian market. The Earl Grey has (oil of?) Bergamot in it, it tasted different from the Black Tea in Shisha. So far I've only used the water solubles, but it's been a sometimes boring and sometimes fun experiment. I want to try the alcohol solubles before I start to mix things up. I'm up to trying Turkish Black tea. Is there a name or brand I should look for? I'll dig up the information for proper credit for the recipe and post it here.

I think the aroma in Earl Grey is water soluable Bergamot, whatever it was just an opinion and also it may taste bad (no idea). I don't think that Turkish tea makes a big difference in shisha but I know that there're a lot of Turkish people living in Houston you may find it probably in Turkish markets (ÇAYKUR brand). Mid-eastern stores generally don't sell Turkish tea because Arabs and Iranians never like its taste, as I know their favorite brand is Ahmed Tea. Its taste is more bitter but good for blending. Turkish tea is like Turkish tobacco, it's mild. :) BTW, I always make a blend of 4-5 different types of tea (to drink).

Status
Not open for further replies.