Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Mark W's 2013 Grow Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markw

Yes Squeezy that mould is trouble, I have been bringing in all the last leaf and collecting all of the seed today. the mould even gets on the seed pods. I know that I am going to strugle to get all of my leaf dry this year. that is what comes from being to greedy and growing to many plants ha ha. The CT Shade and the Yellow Or I am going to have problems with this late in the year.

Markw

Well 8 weeks without a computer has been hard work for me, I am pleased that I am up and running again I have missed the forum.
As for this years grow it has gone well we have all had good weather in the UK this year and it has been a bumper crop.

90% of all my leaf is all in dry and stacked for storeage, I have only got the sucker crop to finish off now. For me this year the FLS has been a winner this year no problems and no mould. Mind you all the plants have done well apart for the CT shade which I had problems with. My bumper crop was the FLS and the Silver River.
I also like the two grow out's I did for another member this year they were TI 712 and TI 751 they have a fantastic dark color and smoke well as soon as they are dry with no kilning what so ever. I would class the taste as a TN90, Silver River,Havana mix I am still trying to think what I could put it to.It is a nice smoke and very, smoth with no harsness with a good flavor. The TI 712 has a slightly larger leaf than the 751.the plant has a nice thin leaf and I would think it would make a fine cigar wrapper. There was an oriantial looking plant that came out of the 751 seed it is not an Ottomon or Bursa or either a BSS, the plant is about 70% of the height of an Ottomon but has mucch larger leaf, I still need to try this it could smoke like old socks !!!!
Anyway I would like to thank anyone who sent me seeds this year, over a hundred plants was hard work for me, next year I will keep it down to about 60.
Happy growing everyone.
Markw

Markw

Thanks Guys OK I said that I was going to not grow as many next year, so why on earth have I taken on a larger plot for next year. I must be loosing my marbles !!!!

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Thanks Guys OK I said that I was going to not grow as many next year, so why on earth have I taken on a larger plot for next year. I must be loosing my marbles !!!!

Start off with a mouth full of marbles. Each year you grow a patch, spit out a marble. When you've lost all your marbles, you're a tobacco farmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.