Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Has any one else been having issues with the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Sometimes in the morning I was having trouble connecting, not recently though.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
My original hosting service sold the business. Since the sale, I have notices at least three times when the site has been down.

I'm going to find a new server tomorrow. Once a new server is found and the site is transferred, there will be an extended period of a day or two that the site will be down. Sometimes the move goes smoothly and the site can be back up within a few hours, but it could be longer.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
My original hosting service sold the business. Since the sale, I have notices at least three times when the site has been down.

I'm going to find a new server tomorrow. Once a new server is found and the site is transferred, there will be an extended period of a day or two that the site will be down. Sometimes the move goes smoothly and the site can be back up within a few hours, but it could be longer.
Don, Did you check out that free site I mentioned to you? If so, what did you think?

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Its been my experience that free means heaps of ads
Makes perfect sense. If the were discrete (like gmail) then they might be a way for Don to start to profit from all his effort. Personally I find Yahoo type advertising offensive.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
they might be a way for Don to start to profit from all his effort.
My guess is they won't give me free hosting AND pay me for the advertising.

It would be nice to have some kind of program that helped pay for the forum, but any money invested in the crook website builders would be vastly more productive in playing the lottery...at least I'd have a chance of making a return with the lottery. Investing in internet geeks is just money down the drain.

webmost

My guess is they won't give me free hosting AND pay me for the advertising.

It would be nice to have some kind of program that helped pay for the forum, but any money invested in the crook website builders would be vastly more productive in playing the lottery...at least I'd have a chance of making a return with the lottery. Investing in internet geeks is just money down the drain.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

But seriously, I am absolutely positive there has to be a module for your vbulletin software which would display and count banners and which you could live with. Look here: http://www.thevbgeek.com/ for some. Nobody has to look at the ads if they don't want. to. They just will be glad to know that ad money keeps those little electrons flowing.

Or shoot me a PM and I will set something up for you. Heck, I'll work for leaf. This stuff is easy for me, cause I am like the world's oldest living geek.

Listen, there is absolutely no sense in you going through all this work and not making at least enough ad money for this thing to pay for itself on a decent server. That's just fundamental.

Status
Not open for further replies.