Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Florida is having a run on guns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
It's knicknamed "" the sunshine state "".. After the incident in Cali. I guess there's been so much fun buying going on to where its made the local news..

In my jobs "" main office"" there's a guy who's a outstanding member of the elks Lodge...but he carries a small 9mm. Handgun on him at all times..

When he first showed me his gun I thought carrying it while in the office was a little extreme...

But now I'm thinking he's a smart man...

Just curious "" do any of you "" know someone like this.??

ChinaVoodoo

It would be highly illegal in Canada, so if I do, it's best they don't show anyone. Meanwhile, you'll be lucky to find me without a knife. Also, I have a thick hardwood handle with a grip on it inconspicuously velcro'd to the inside of the door on my work truck. We work at night and carry highly radioactive material. The Canadian nuclear safety commission has mentioned we are targets. I'd just as soon run, but be prepared.

bonehead

a gun left home is like a spare tire for your car left at home. if or when you need it you better have it with you.

juan carlos

oh man could i go on a political rant here. Let's just say i'm jealous as hell, and keep on keepin' on fellas... it must be nice to have rights. It's against the law here to take your gun out of house, other than to the range. that includes being illegal to take it to your back 40 for target practice, with or without a herd of rutting elk, a pack of coyotes, two bear and cougar in the field.

ChinaVoodoo

oh man could i go on a political rant here. Let's just say i'm jealous as hell, and keep on keepin' on fellas... it must be nice to have rights. It's against the law here to take your gun out of house, other than to the range. that includes being illegal to take it to your back 40 for target practice, with or without a herd of rutting elk, a pack of coyotes, two bear and cougar in the field.

I think one exception is that trappers working their trap line are allowed to carry a handgun.

Raodwarior

Gun goes in the holster before my wallet goes in my back pocket."Better to carry a gun and not need it, than it is to need a gun and not have it."

Gdaddy

Gun free zones need to be lifted. This is very important and is a huge problem. By taking away the right to defend yourself makes these areas way too easy targets. Can you make it any easier for the terrorists?

Right now they are teaching students and teachers how to hide and how to run and how to play dead. I would much prefer to have a citizen formed group of trained individuals allowed to conceal carry in schools to protect our children. Stores like Gander mountain offer self defense training.

Florida Sheriff Wayne Ivey is urging county residents with a concealed permit to carry guns with them.

“Let there there be no mistake…The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. If you’re a person who is legally licensed to carry a firearm, now is the time more than ever to realize that you, and you alone, may very well be the first line of defense for you and your family.”

Ivey explained that his call for citizens to carry is “about being able to survive an attack by armed, evil people until the cavalry can arrive.”

Some people would love to take away your right to defend yourself by disarming the nation. I do currently have the constitutional right to defend myself with a gun but gun-free zones take away that right and allow terrorists to come in and have a field day.

But they say... "why do you need an AR-15? It's designed just to kill people". The answer is simple... because your enemy has an AR-15!!! You should be allowed an equal method of defense and our fore fathers realized this. Even though they had black powder rifles at that time they knew the importance of equal self defense.

If you decide to be defenseless then fine, that's your decision. I'm not suggesting everyone carry a gun. Some people are not good with guns and are afraid of them. I have no problem with anyone who wants to be defenseless but don't try to take away my right to defend myself with equal force of the enemy.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I'm not allowed to carry a gun..while driving a commercial vehicle..which really don't make sense...there's a lot of drivers.disabled or killed and their trucks and loads stolen...especially near the Mexico border.

Gdaddy

I'm not allowed to carry a gun..while driving a commercial vehicle..which really don't make sense...there's a lot of drivers.disabled or killed and their trucks and loads stolen...especially near the Mexico border.

They have taken away your ability to defend yourself. What's the reasoning behind that?

Matty

I wish I could carry. I work evenings in a fairly large steel shop. Daytime there are over 50 employees, my shift we are only 5. We're kinda secluded and not very well fenced in. Anyone who works the trades probably knows that it attracts a lot of "undesirables" to do the grunt work, which is fine as far as the work goes but what happens when they "go bad"?. There are special allowances for concealed carry up here and they are very strict being mainly reserved for police, security personnel, lawyers, people in witness protection and such. It ain't easy at all to get a concealed carry permit but it is still possible. I might have to look into it further.

ArizonaDave

Arizona has the best law in the US. Own a gun? Law abiding citizen? Good, you have the right to conceal carry. Period. No, forms, tests, an no waiting period. Carry it concealed. We had the lowest crime rate in the U.S., until the Feds opened up the boarders. 20% of those who cross our boarder are radical muslim jihadists, not the peaceful ones.

DrBob

Founding Member
In Northern Wisconsin it was common to take your gun on the school bus if you needed to go hunting at a friends place after school or of course if you were attending the school sponsored gun safety training held in the school after regular school hours. But that was nearly 50 years ago.
Fast forward 40 years and our gun club rented the high school gymnasium for a weekend every February for a gun show and a lot of guns were bought and sold and nobody thought a thing about it, the school board thought it was a great thing too. About 10 years ago the gun club decided it would be a better idea to hold the gun show somewhere else somehow I think it was a mistake. Gun safety training should be mandatory for everyone.

DGBAMA

I think you should abide by old U.S. Navy policy......'don't ask don't tell ". Don't ask me if I carry..... And I won't tell you that I do.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
a gun left home is like a spare tire for your car left at home. if or when you need it you better have it with you.

Gun goes in the holster before my wallet goes in my back pocket."Better to carry a gun and not need it, than it is to need a gun and not have it."
Funny to think about it. We have really different eyes one this. I don't put. My trust in a gun. But its also a big different between us.
Do you known that when a Russian airplane was in visiting us it took us close 8h to send up one airplane!
Don't think a gun in my pocket would be any help..

Ben Brand

Here in SA its legal to carry a fire arm, and many people do!! I have a few rifles and a 9mm pistol, but never carry the thing. In the safe, haven`t checked on it fir months!!!!!

Smokin Harley

A gun and a parachute have a lot in common. It doesn't do much until you need it and when you need it , you're damn glad you have it. and neither does any good if you leave it at home. and both depending on how they are used can save a life or take one away.

Gdaddy

This was on the news the other night and is proposed as a protective defense method against an in school terrorist attack. It can supposedly stop a 9 mm bullet from a hand gun. They failed to mention if it would stop a .223 bullet from an AR-15. I don't think so. (there was no mention but it can also be used as protection during a tornado).

At $1000 each the news people presented this idea in a very positive light. How wonderful. Having the children huddle under a protective blanket made everyone feel all warm and fuzzy. Reality is... they are like little defenseless sitting ducks. Sheep lined up for slaughter.

Is this the best idea we've got to keep our kids safe? Really?

article-0-1E963C9000000578-309_634x422.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.