Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

finally got my tiller '' issues took care of ''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
ive been pulling my hair out eferytime i have to till.

i accuired a tiller which did good for this years grow,, then my motor blew up. i got a neighbour of 20 + years that has TROY BUILT '' HORSE'' TILLER, AND THE GUYS HAD A STROKE SO ITS USELESS TO HIM NOW,..he still gardens. and ive used my tiller to bust up his spot, we have discussed in the past about me fixing up this old tiller of his, and he was hesitant.

but after my tiller blew the motor up. he came around and told me to fix it and use it as long as i would bust up his spot when it needed it,

who would disagree with that deal?

its been in the shop [ needed carberatour work ] its fixed. i went and payed for the repairs and am gonna go get it monday,

this isnt the one i got .. but it sure looks the same, all the way to the old wore out paint,

..https://www.google.com/search?q=troy+bilt+horse+tiller&newwindow=1&espv=2&tbm=isch&imgil=4RHnNtdZrNx8oM%253A%253B7aaPFfwacZHuOM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fforums2.gardenweb.com%25252Fdiscussions%25252F1612061%25252F1st-tiller-troy-bilt-horse&source=iu&pf=m&fir=4RHnNtdZrNx8oM%253A%252C7aaPFfwacZHuOM%252C_&biw=1536&bih=783&dpr=1.25&usg=__0pk-bDcuWp2ojPlT9YV1tkHy9v4%3D&ved=0CFUQyjdqFQoTCLLiyKjd4scCFYcWHgod8MkMiQ&ei=aVzsVfKJBIetePCTs8gI#imgrc=4RHnNtdZrNx8oM%3A&usg=__0pk-bDcuWp2ojPlT9YV1tkHy9v4%3D

.. im gonna sand it down... repaint it. and i found a site that sells the new stickers. the tires mine has is a sand tire design... im gonna try and get some tractor tires like the one pictured,

cant wait to try this bad boy out, for the fall garden.. i should be tilling this wednesday.

when i get it.. i'll post some pictures of what mine looks like

Smokin Harley

Good deal Chicken . Troy-bilts are tough machines ,made out of real steel, last darn near forever. Also nice of you to take it and put the time and work into restoring it. I'm sure the old guy will rest a little easier knowing you did that and not just run it like a rental. If you can still find the part, get yourself the carburetor guard bar...I used to work at a country club when I was in my 20's and the old guy I worked with ,first time firing it up , ran it right into a tree and busted the ears off the carburetor where the mount bolts attach it to the block.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
this one is a old one... proablly made in the late 60's...70's.

charlie G.

Good luck with it. it looks like a hell of a machine.
Chicken how are you doing after your bought with the shingles ? I hope it has all healed up ?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Good luck with it. it looks like a hell of a machine.
Chicken how are you doing after your bought with the shingles ? I hope it has all healed up ?

the intense part of it is over... but the pain and the throbbing on my forehead and the left side of my head is still there, i been keeping it moist with neo-sporin,

my eye waters up a lot.. and it makes me feel as if i have no energy.. i been one '' sorry '' man these past weeks. i just been laying around with not too much motivation.

one member on here said his lasted for 2 months. looks like mine may be on that same path.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Uh, they used to be. The old one's were built like tanks. The new ones are just cheap stamped steal.

i think '' murry '' bought the company out. and you can tell the design is different just by looking at the new ones....vs.....the old ones,

the one i got is ancient.. it literally looks just like the one i posted in the link on my 1;st post

Smokin Harley

another brand of garden machinery that is worth its weigh tin gold is a Wheel Horse...if you ever stumble upon one of those in working order, grab it.

about your shingles ...have you ever tried Emu oil products? Awesome magical stuff.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
another brand of garden machinery that is worth its weigh tin gold is a Wheel Horse...if you ever stumble upon one of those in working order, grab it.

about your shingles ...have you ever tried Emu oil products? Awesome magical stuff.

no but ive heard the advertisement to the stuff on the radio...

well the guy was closed today ... it's a holiday so i aint surprised,

so it'll be picked up tomorrow,

i found the '' tractor '' style tires i was looking for... $40.00 on e-bay

when im done with this thing. and step back to look at the final product,,,'' its gonna be a eyesight for sure ''

im also gonna start keeping my eyes open.. or hit e-bay and get some pool balls to put on the shifters levers, instead of the stock black knob..

give it a little bling,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well i got it in my yard...and after a oil change im gonna see what this bad boy will do

..IMG_20150908_171854691.jpgIMG_20150908_171802366.jpgIMG_20150908_171751376.jpgIMG_20150908_171732014_HDR.jpg

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Looks just like mine except I have electric start. The Ag tires make a huge difference if you can pick some up cheap I'd highly recommend it especially in the sandy soil of Florida. Parts are still readily available, bearing, clutch etc.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
its a shame... the normal tiller sitting next to it... has a motor brand new out of the box..

a '' predator '' engine from harbour freight.... didnt last 2 months.

im proablly gonna go buy another predator motor with the '' extended warranty '' and put my blew up one in the box and return it. telling them it blew up.

it just pisses me off. at how cheap they make things these days.

Brown Thumb

I used one of them tillers once, It just about killed me.:mad:

bonehead

cast iron weight ,strength and american frotitude. i wish ppl had the pride and honor to build real american products. grab your money and run is not my american country or dream. corporations are our dawnfall. can you buy an american product that is actually worth buying now adays? can you buy one thing that will still be working in your grandchilds or great grandchilds life or even yours or your childs? are you a sellout? no mean sht attnd. just the truth. sorry for the truth. i wish good old fashioned ??????

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I used one of them tillers once, It just about killed me.:mad:

ive never run it...

but it does look like once you engage everything YOU BETTER HOLD ON.

ive seen it in use on you-tube... and seen still pics of a completed patch after being tilled with this thing. it looks like it will sure root deep if thats your intention.

what i like about it. is the thing runs on a p,t,o, just like a tractor,,

you can remove the tilling tines assemblly ... and its just a pulling machine.

i go to some large farms daily... and come across some '' left over parts'' from farm implements of years past..

im gonna try and make some attachments for it. sort of like the old push style row maker. but have my attachment make 4-6 rows at a time.

or devise a attachment to make me a row of a '' hilled '' row to lay my plastic covering over,

the sky is the limit... with a little thinking and a strong welder. there could literally be a bunch of attachments made for this thing.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well i found out a load of stuff on what i got from another website,

it was made between april-may of 1974 [ according to its serial # ]

i went to tractor supply and got 2 belts for it... allthough on the website i got this info at said they wont work,,, only oem belts are good for this thing.. but hey i can allways take them back. so im gonnna give them a run.

i got all the paint to bring it back to life and stickers will also be bought. along with new tires

SHOULD I RECORD ITS RESTORATION HERE... or in a thread all to itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.