Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

finally smoking some 2012 crop, and its great [ pics ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i had 3 different types of baccy here, but they were all weak,

so i needed some burley to give it a kick, my oldest burley, has been in the kiln for about 7 weeks, and i decided to pull a hand of TN-90 out, and see how it was,

i made 3 cigg's of pure tn-90, and it was very smooth, and fine all by itself[ just a tad strong ]

heres the hand,,,, then i de-ribbed it,,,, then it went thru the powermatic shredder,

>
wallbaccy001.jpg

By chickenhawk434 at 2012-08-17
//
wallbaccy002.jpg

//
wallbaccy003.jpg

and into the shredder, { god i love this machine ]

>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDePUVjOFtQ&feature=g-upl

AND THEN INTO THE EMPTY GALLON MASON JAR

>>
shrrrreeded001.jpg

//:cool:
wallbaccy005.jpg

Tom_in_TN

Oh, yeah....looks like some nicely shredded Burley. I betcha your going to love it when you mix your burley with some YTB, Big Gem and Bursa leaf. The burley will have the 'impact' you wanted and the others will add more flavors and smoothness. You're gonna have lots of fun coming up with the right mix.

I'm gonna send you a sample of the Golden Wilt, once it gets air-cured and get your opinion on it. It is slooooowly yellowing in our high humidity and needs more time. Not fully yellow yet, some greenish leaf veins remain and the midrib needs a lot more drying time. The body of the leaf still has a sticky, resinous feel to it. Oh, and the leaves also still have a bit of thickness, they ain't paper thin if you know what I'm trying to say.

BarG

Founding Member
Tom, Does the golden wilt flavor come close to any similarity to silver leaf. I smoked a bit today and that was my first inpression. They were dryed lugs off the plant but still? I can't judge cause my 2 plants aren't represntative considering I barely kept them alive.

Tom_in_TN

Tim, Golden Wilt has little to no similarity to Silver River in terms of taste, based on the Silver River leaf sample you sent me. Some Golden Wilt mud lugs I tasted to see how they burned had an 'earthy' taste, probably due to all the mud on the leaf that did not brush-off (we had a lot of torrential rain). The best I can do to describe the taste is a smooth, burley taste, based on the ones that I rolled up and tasted before I pushed the rest into the burn pile. They didn't have that Silver River taste, which I remember well.

I put the best leaf in the barn and "it is slooooowly yellowing in our high humidity and needs more time" to cure out. I looked in on it again today and felt the leaves. They are 95% yellowed with a tinge of brown on some of the edges and a few green veins remain. The leaves are still nice and sticky (heavy resin). They have some thickness and are not 'paper thin'. I put them into the barn about 14 days ago and I just have this sense that they are going to be good and this slow curing time is just adding to that assumption.

BarG

Founding Member
Tom
I'll have to try again next year on the golden wilt. I tried this year and had over a dozen nice plants , but all of a sudden they could not harden off with the rest of my grow. It kind of shocked me a little. It's probably something I did or didn't do. One of these days I'll have to build me a barn, give my wife back her parking.

Boboro

Its' better than my crap Ill' have to take pic. of all of my aborted shredders Ive' been told gotta' go.My powermatic shredder is faster and easyer than all that other crap. I liked the chickins cant' have none hear wife scard ofem. She got attacked by some when she was a kid.You gettin' better with the camra ceap em comin'

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
^^^^^^^

lol. at the reason you cant have any chickens,,

i have some unique chickens,,,

i need to get all of them in a video<

i'd like to see all your past shredders, piled up,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Well, chicken, don will have to thank you as do i. Showing your video to my buddy has sold him on purchasing one of these shredders. So hopfully within a month or so, i too can make perfect baccy shred.

are you sure it was the video that did it,?

i bet your friend was impressed at a dude that let's chickens come in the house, AND WANTED TO BE JUST LIKE HIM and own a shredder,lol

im glad your getting one, that machine is in a word, BAD-ASS,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i have a big nylon bag, that ive filled up with what im calling { mix}

it's leaves off of various plants, that had ripened, or broke off, or otherwise wasnt enough to string up, so i tossed them all in one area to cure,

later today im gonna shred that whole bag up, and will record it,

but today we are working on the F.T.T. semi.

Tom_in_TN

Dangit, Chicken. Did not even see the video link you sandwiched between all the pics. Anyway, decent on-the-fly video but you can do better once you plan your camera angles ahead of time. The content of what you are showing is great, loved the up-close baccy shredding shots (that is a nice shredder) and your sweet like chickies coming inside to steal/eat the cat food (at least it looked like cat food) was very funny.

Oh, here are some Golden Wilt photos as they are curing as of this morning and the last one is a mostly air-cured YTB leaf.

013_resized.JPG014_resized.JPG015_resized.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.