Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Antique tuck cutter/board & cigar mold I would buy if.....

MarcL

https://i.imgur.com/DEBWxwq.png

MarcL

That one looks to be in better shape than mine above for sure. I haven’t messed with it but the spring doesn’t spring…so I’ll have to figure that out.
The pin in the end cap spring positioner is in the wrong position most likely. Is there tension when lifting? What you'll do is compress the spring until the retainment (travel) peg in the handle is free from the base. (the peg sets in the center of the star blade and travels through a groove in the base) Or you can turn the end cap spring positioner to pull the pin. Let me know. I can direct you if you like.

DePasta

The pin in the end cap spring positioner is in the wrong position most likely. Is there tension when lifting? What you'll do is compress the spring until the retainment (travel) peg in the handle is free from the base. (the peg sets in the center of the star blade and travels through a groove in the base) Or you can turn the end cap spring positioner to pull the pin. Let me know. I can direct you if you like.
Cool, that makes sense. When I get some time to clean it up I'll take a look. Glad to know it's adjustable. May need a soak in penetrating oil. Thanks!

DePasta

Got it pulled apart while siting on a conference call, the end of the spring was broken, luckily it was broken at 180 degrees from the original point, so I was able to stretch and reassemble and it cuts. It is really dirty and needs sharpening but it works now! Thanks Marc!

MarcL

Got it pulled apart while siting on a conference call, the end of the spring was broken, luckily it was broken at 180 degrees from the original point, so I was able to stretch and reassemble and it cuts. It is really dirty and needs sharpening but it works now! Thanks Marc!
So that's great! I thought there would be more. Nice! If you want, give us a share after you get it cleaned up. (yours is in better shape)

FrostD

https://i.imgur.com/dLhVVjQ.png

Love this!

Snowblithe

Do you collect tuck cutters and such things? To be honest this is more of a want than a need for me, but I am a bit sick of maintaining 5 dollar cutters... I am a tad leery about duty and such costs shipping to Canada but I have been keeping an eye for a good price. I appreciate your sacrifice in posting this to the forum though. :)

MarcL

I'm a little bit of a collector. More of a market watcher. I have passed on reasonably priced stuff often so, no need here though, the seller has three at $20 and it is the only one getting any action.

MarcL

FrostD

MarcL

Ring gauge with hanger? You have seen them rarely for sale, hardly together.

8ndUsda.png

PckDmBL.png