Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Can't get the Chewing Baccy texture right! Dang it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksctm

Check this out fiom Don.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sqhu11WjC4

attachment.php

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I think there's a video on here of some old Englishmen doing that thing with the rope. They called it Perique but it wasn't really a Perique process, they were making twist I think. I haven't found it yet but I think Don posted it.

squeezyjohn

That "carotte" method makes a massive compressed sausage of tobacco that was traditionally sliced off to smoke in a pipe or grated to make nose snuff.

This video shows how to make a traditional american twist:

I don't make mine either way as I like the twist to be fairly thin. What I do is take all the midribs out when the tobacco is in high case, lay the half leaves overlapping in a long line on my work bench and then begin rolling them diagonally from the bottom left corner as I look at it from above. I roll them pretty tight - and once they're done they spring in to twist shape. Then I tie a midrib around the ends - or string if they're too brittle. It doesn't take long at all once you've got the knack.

I don't use any sauce or sweeteners as I like mine plain and so it gets very dry - but it stops being dry when I put it in my mouth! If you were going to put a sauce on it I'd soak the leaves in it before you twist them up and have a little glycerin or propylene glycol in the sauce to stop it drying out.

Cheers

Squeezy

G-Chew

So when your ready to enjoy the twist ya jus cut off a chaw full with ya knife? Just like my pawpaw used to do with redman plugs?

G-Chew

Ok ok I give you credit for good times sake!
And yes the 1st few batches felt like they could break teeth...like freakin p-nut brittle!
So the twist should be ok LOL
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.