Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Chillards FTT 2013 Grow Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Actually I mispoke. I shred a pound at a time, and stuff a pack or two at a time. But a pack lasts me four days.

rainmax

Founding Member
A final word:
It has been a great second year for me in the growing of baccy. I'm very Glad to have found this site and to have shared my experiences with you all and to have had you to shares yours with. You'all are a great bunch and I consider you'all my friends and brothers in the leaf. May our 2014 year be better than this last year...and with that I bid you all a fond farewell, 2013, over and out.

I second that.
Great grow log and it is going to be better next year.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
For keeping my cigs in case before I use them, I'm going to have to come up with another solution because 1000 cigs in my contianer has it too full for a baccy lid to fit. I'm thinking that I might put a couple of folded paper towels in a ziplock bag that has slits cut on one side and the towel being just short of dripping wet. This will allow the bag to set on top with a space between the lid and the bag (slits facing up) and allow for a controled rate of rehumidifying. I should mention that my baccy is cased with glycerine and invert sugar too. the invert sugar really helps in the remoisturizing of the baccy and to keep it that way. I've got baccy in a contianer right now that it's been in for the last 2 weeks and it's still just as moist as when I rolled it, still nice and springy to the pinch.

day 4 of the germination test and the white shoots are showing on them. In another 3-4 days i'l make my conclusion on percentage of viable seeds.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
HA HA, I think in 14 days (from when I started) they'll all be in green leaf seedling stage. Most of the seeds are on par with each other within each variety but each variety may be sooner or later than another.

I'm also wondering if anyone has noticed that in buying and recieving seed that when they say 'approx 200 seeds' that there is actually more, as in 3-4 times more. Not that that's a bad thing but in my experience from last year I took a good pinch of baccy seed and germinated it. the amount seemed about right with what you would get in a seed pack from richters seeds or new hope seeds. after germination I counted how many sprouts there were and stopped at 600 and I'm guessing that there was just about as many (maybe a little less) that weren't counted. What I'm saying is is that a good pinch of seed has a good 1000+ seed in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.