Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

China Voodoo 2017 Grow Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaVoodoo

I've never grown a peanut. On average how many peanuts do ya get per plant? Folks down here love boiled peanuts. Personally I can't stand'em. I'd rather have them roasted.

I'm sorry. I can't answer that. This is the first time I've grown peanuts. I will be growing some in a cold frame and some not in order to compare how they produce. I ultimately want to eat them, but as a legume, it would be super nice to use them as fill in between tobacco plants for their nitrogen fixing properties. You can only eat so many beans, and beans attract slugs.

DistillingJim

I'm not a fan of beans but never thought of growing peanuts as a nitrogen replacement crop. Definitely going to look into it.

Tutu

Your Delhi's 34 look great indeed. I hope the rest of it is following nicely as well. Keep them pictures coming!

ChinaVoodoo

Your Delhi's 34 look great indeed. I hope the rest of it is following nicely as well. Keep them pictures coming!

Seedlings all kind of look the same, but it's handy to be able to look back a year and compare start dates, germination, and growth between years.

L'Assomption 201
IMG_20170328_191941939_HDR.jpg

Amersfoort
IMG_20170328_191950241_HDR.jpg

Liquica
IMG_20170328_192016983_HDR.jpg

Ainaro
IMG_20170328_192139459_HDR.jpg

Viqueque
IMG_20170328_192242000_HDR.jpg

Bezuki
IMG_20170328_192256620_HDR.jpg

Piloto
IMG_20170328_192329340_HDR.jpg

Tutu

Nice to see that you finally did get some Piloto coming along! The Besuki also looks good. Really curious how your Timor-Leste varieties will look over time. I think that Liquiçá could give you some nice bright wrapper leafs. Ainaro will give you big sheets of leaf that will probably suit better into a cigarette but I haven't smoked it yet. Some fermenting should help. My problem is that these leafs are so big that it takes a long time to cure them completely. Having a bit of a mold problem with them at the moment. Viqueque is still mistery which is for you to solve!

ChinaVoodoo

Nice to see that you finally did get some Piloto coming along! The Besuki also looks good. Really curious how your Timor-Leste varieties will look over time. I think that Liquiçá could give you some nice bright wrapper leafs. Ainaro will give you big sheets of leaf that will probably suit better into a cigarette but I haven't smoked it yet. Some fermenting should help. My problem is that these leafs are so big that it takes a long time to cure them completely. Having a bit of a mold problem with them at the moment. Viqueque is still mistery which is for you to solve!

Thinking about the East Timor varieties keeps me up at night. You know, it is possible that one of them is a flue cured variety, eh. I'll have to try a flue cure on at least a hand full of each.

Thankfully, I won't have to worry about mold. My environ, and curing set up pretty much ensures that there will be none.

Tutu

I dark air cured them both and for Liquiçá it seems the right thing to do. With Ainaro I think that it probably should be cured differently. I have no experience with flue curing so I couldn't say. For me it looks a lot like the rajangan varieties here in Indonesia which they slice as green leafs and then sun cure. That would probably work well here. So sun curing could be a very good option. It's nice to speculate a bit. Trying different things would be even better. My cured leafs will soon go into fermentation piles and I'll let you know what they taste like once they're out.

ChinaVoodoo

Holy cow man. This is the Delhi 34 after one day of growth!

Yesterday:
IMG_20170328_072144470_HDR.jpg

Today:
IMG_20170329_084224628_HDR.jpg

The angle of the shot is different, but I think you can see what I mean. I haven't seen tobacco grow that fast before.

greenmonster714

Man they look great. Probably is good genes but they have to be cared for to look like that. The ones I have under lamps are looking like that...almost..lol. They are only about 24 days since germination.

Gavroche

And good light, good watering, etc.... ;)
my baby plants are still tiny compared to yours !

It is normal Charles, you look after your plants as Nietzsche " what does not kill strengthens "! You are a primitive! Lol

c'est normal Charles, vous soignez vos plantes comme Nietzsche "ce qui ne tue pas renforce" ! Vous êtes un primitif ! lol

Charly

It is normal Charles, you look after your plants as Nietzsche " what does not kill strengthens "! You are a primitive! Lol

c'est normal Charles, vous soignez vos plantes comme Nietzsche "ce qui ne tue pas renforce" ! Vous êtes un primitif ! lol

:D :D

You are right, I might be a little rough with my plants ;) But I want to find "easy" strains, for which I don't need a lot of care, so they are already outside, with real sun :)
Of course, they grow slower than yours since they are not heated (and the nights are still cold), and have only sun when it wants to shine ;)

But I am not in a hurry :) they will grow, and since we are early this season, I expect good results.
Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.