Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Chinese Tobacco Whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhouse

Here’s a bit of fun and something to do until planting time Chinese Tobacco Whispers.
I think this has probably been done before but this time I think it would be good to open it up to everyone for a little bit of fun.

1. I send 20 packs of seed with 200 seeds in each pack to the first person in the chain and post here what strains were in the package, this is the start of the whisper.
  2. You can take up to 3 packs and replace them with a pure strain, bagged seed, if you take 1-3 different strains you replace them with 1-3 different strains, then PM me the contents and date sent and to whom.
  3. The receiving person takes the seed they want and posts here they have been sent on to which member and date sent. Not the contents.
  4. to make it fare to every member even ones with small amounts of strains (every time the pack is passed on it must have 20 different strains inside) Unless you have no new strain to add to the package in this case you can take 1 reducing the pack content by 1 only and pass it on, then post here that you removed 1.
  5. Once the package makes it back to me I will post on here the contents of the packet plus 5 mystery strains that where not in the packet.
  6. Anyone then has one chance only to guess the true content of the packet at its journeys end, after a set time the person with the most amount of correct strains named will be sent the complete package content.

If the response is good we would have to decide on a good number to start the whisper with possibly 10 to start ?, this way even if a few people take a packet there will be lots left.

I am aware of the pit falls around this i.e. lost in post etc, it’s a bit of fun and chance for some members to obtain new seed for the price of postage.
Any thoughts on this would be great.:rolleyes:

If you would like to take part in this sign up below.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I miss the connection with China.

Bob

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_whispers

"Chinese whispers[SUP][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_whispers#cite_note-OED-1"][1]
[/SUP] (or telephone in the United States[SUP][2][/SUP]) is a [/URL]game played around the world, in which one person whispers a message to another, which is passed through a line of people until the last player announces the message to the entire group. Errors typically accumulate in the retellings, so the statement announced by the last player differs significantly, and often amusingly, from the one uttered by the first. Reasons for changes include anxiousness or impatience, erroneous corrections, and that some players may deliberately alter what is being said to guarantee a changed message by the end of the line."

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Never knew it had a name. That's what my kids were playing Saturday when we went out for a day trip. Just to clarify.. they were not passing tobacco seeds around, they were whispering stories to each other..:)

Markw

You can stick me down Bill. This could be a good laugh to see what you end up with, and it would be good fun.

madhouse

Many thanks Mad Oshea and Markw for your interest and support and I would like to thank anyone else interested in advance for there support.

There is a few little things that have come to mind that I think would be worth taking onboard in this, Chinese Tobacco Whispers.

1. For this the first time run of Chinese Tobacco Whispers chain a maximum of 10 members take part, we now have 2 onboard so come on folks have a bit of fun and join in, this includes You some of the bigger playershere don’t be shy.
  2. forum members should get there place in the chain on a first come first served bases, so as you express your interest you will be put next in line down the chain for delivery.
  3. I think it only fair that anyone in the Chinese Tobacco Whispers chain would not be able to guess what is in the journeys end package as they have already had the opportunity to take seed from the package and they are likely to have a good idea of what my be in the end package.
  4. Under no circumstances are anyone’s names or address to be posted here, I will PM the first person in the chain for there delivery details and when they receive the package they will PM the next person in the chain for there details and so on until it gets back to me.
  5. it might be a bit of fun to remove the stamp every time from the sender and place it in the package as it goes on its journey and at the end I could post a picture of all the stamps showing the parcels passage.

So don’t miss your place folks have a bit of fun.

Proposed Chinese Tobacco Whispers chain

Position in chain
members name/tag
world location
Number of seed strains in package when sent
chain start send
madhouse
UK Kent
Mad Oshea
USA New Mexico
?
Markw
UK SE London
?
Position open
?
?
Position open
?
?
Position open
?
?
Position open
?
?
Position open
?
?
Position open
?
?
Position open
?
?
Position open
?
?
chain end return
madhouse
UK Kent
?

hope we make it to 10 all the best.

Bill:)

madhouse

looks like we are getting some interest now keep it up folks, 6 spaces left.

update:

Proposed Chinese Tobacco Whispers chain

Position in chain members name/tag world locationNumber of seed strains in package when sentdate sent
chain start sendmadhouseUK Kent20?
1Mad OsheaUSA New Mexico??
2MarkwUK SE London??
3grgfinneyUSA Michigan??
4FALaholicUSA Florida??
5Position open ???
6Position open ???
7Position open ???
8Position open ???
9Position open ???
10Position open ???
chain end returnmadhouseUK Kent?x

Markw

Ha Bill you could start it off now hopefully the other spaces will be taken soon, you could even have a sweep stake on the miles the package has travelled.

madhouse

that is a great idea mark i will get on it in the next couple of days, sweep stake another superb idea what do you suggest could you possibly run this ?.
boy you got more brains than me, could be fun.

Markw

It is a good one with the postage cost, may be the mileage could be done as the grow flies. the winner get what was but in to start with.

madhouse

if you have time too deal with the rules and control for this mark it would be great.

madhouse

Chinese Tobacco Whispers rules

1. 20 packs of seed with 200 seeds in each pack sent to the first person in the chain to start the whisper.
  2. You can take up to 3 packs and replace them with a pure strain, bagged seed, if you take 1-3 different strains you replace them with 1-3 different strains, then PM me the contents and date sent and to whom.
  3. The receiving person takes the seed they want and posts on the forum in Chinese Tobacco Whispers thread they have been sent on to which member and date sent. Not the contents.
  4. to make it fair to every member even ones with small amounts of strains (every time the pack is passed on it must have 20 different strains inside) Unless you have no new strain to add to the package in this case you can take 1 reducing the pack content by 1 only and pass it on, then in Chinese Tobacco Whispers thread post that you removed 1.
  5. Once the package makes it back to me (madhouse) I will post on here the contents of the packet plus 5 mystery strains that were not in the packet.
  6. I think it only fair that anyone in the Chinese Tobacco Whispers chain would not be able to guess what is in the journeys end package as they have already had the opportunity to take seed from the package and they are likely to have a good idea of what may be in the end package.
  7. Under no circumstances are anyone’s names or address to be posted on the forum, I will PM the first person in the chain for their delivery details and when they receive the package they will PM the next person in the chain for their details and so on until it gets back to me.
  8. Please remove the stamp every time from the sender and place it in the package as it goes on its journey and at the end I will post a picture of all the stamps showing the parcels passage.
  9. Please try to pass the package on asap to the next chain member, many thanks.

Please fix your stamps below

This will be sent with the package

Here are the 20 seed strains that will be sent out in the Chinese Tobacco Whispers package, to the first member in the chain (Mad Oshea) as soon as I receive delivery address, I have now PM this member for delivery info and seed is ready to go.
    Burley KY 17
    Shirey
    Bolivian Criollo Black
    Red Russian
    Rot Front
    Paris wrapper
    Black mammoth
    Green Brior
    Golden Burley
    Mahorka #6 Yellow-109
    Vesta 64
    Galician original
    Green Wood
    Burley B-21
    Silver River
    Bamboo Shoot
    Flordia Sumatra
    Connecticut Broadleaf
    Aztec
    Tree Tobacco - Nicotiana glauca

keep it up folks, 6 spaces left. journeys end comp will be run when the package gets back to me.

Markw

Bill I will try to, work out something good this afternoon on the mileage. Now I know what seeds you are posting I have something to work on.There is a good list there.

Status
Not open for further replies.