Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

ChuckP's 2014 Grow-out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckP

Howdy!

Yesterday being the 1st day of Spring, I decided to start my seeding for this year. I'm only growing out 4 varieties this year for several reasons. First, Last year was a bumper crop and and I still have 2/3's of it to use up. Second, we've have several deaths in the past several months in both my wife's and my family and this has hit our family rather hard. Since two of them were younger than us and left behind spouses and children. Finally, while going for a family walk through the woods and along the creek, we discovered two small nuggets of gold. While we haven't struck it rich and probably never will, we have found a nice hobby that may pay for itself. But this hobby requires a good set of lungs and heart with all the digging required, so we have cut back on smoking our cigars considerably. While I'm not preaching to anyone else, we think this is the right move for us. I still plan on growing tobacco for many years to come. I think baccy is one the prettiest plants in the garden and always will be!

Anyway, here's the varieties I'm growing this year:

• Long Red - A great tasting wrapper! This is from my grow out last year.
  • No. 3732 - Ditto!
  • Gen 911 - Part of the 2014 grow-out. Rec'd Seeds from DeluxeStogie.
  • Havana 263 - Also part of the 2014 grow-out. Rec'd Seeds from DeluxeStogie.

And now back to to the creek! Happy Growing!

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
Sorry to hear about the family, my respects.

you had to mention gold, now I got gold fever all over again. actually, last night i was reading up on gold baring streams in southern BC. have a good grow this year and may you strike it rich. If ya got any pics of a good nugget, I'd love to see it.

Will

BarG

Founding Member
My first virginia was gold from Bonners seedlings. Now Bright leaf and southern beauty last year. They are all good to grow.
I am doing a lot of different burlys this year and only 2 virginias. Hit leverhead up for some southern beauty seeds . Check his 2012 grow.

BarG

Founding Member
My cousin has a dredge and we do a little digging around. QUOTE]

I just pulled a 18' couple of year old boat out the creek. Free! Good hull and great welds. A couple Mexican guys almost lost their bobcat on my bridge. They left this behind after repairing rail damage. To bad my neighbor got first dibs.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
My cousin has a dredge and we do a little digging around. QUOTE]

I just pulled a 18' couple of year old boat out the creek. Free! Good hull and great welds. A couple Mexican guys almost lost their bobcat on my bridge. They left this behind after repairing rail damage. To bad my neighbor got first dibs.

Is this the neighbor with the horses? I see a chance for some horse (shit) trading. :cool:

ChuckP

Howdy Y'all!

Funny how time gets away from a fella! Thanks for the support! Well I haven't quit my day job yet! I've only found a little more than a gram of gold and a couple of ounces of silver. But having fun trying! Will, not sure of the laws up there, but there should be a lot of areas to pan or sluice. Knuckles, I know there;s the Alabama Gold Camp near Talldega.

Ok as far as the 2014 grow out: Tomorrow I will plant - 8 x Havana #263, 8 x Long Red, 8 x No. 3732 and only 5 x Gen911 from the first planting and 3 from the 2nd planting, although the 2nd batch doesn't look great at this point.

Happy planting and prospecting!

Status
Not open for further replies.