Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

coffee beans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Ethiopia is the native habitat in which the coffee tree originated. Yirgacheffe (usually pronounced "year guh cheff") is one of the finest of the Ethiopian coffees. I've seen green Yirgacheffe beans available at Sweet Marias in the past, though none is available there at the moment.

Sam's Club carried roasted Yirgacheffe in the past, but I haven't seen theirs in a while--I only bought it at Walmart. Most specialty yuppie-haven coffee bean shops carry it.

Bob

Last edited:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Ethiopia is the native habitat in which the coffee tree originated. Yirgacheffe (usually pronounced "year guh cheff") is one of the finest of the Ethiopian coffees. I've seed green Yirgacheffe beans available at Sweet Marias in the past, though none is available there at the moment.

Sam's Club carried roasted Yirgacheffe in the past, but I haven't seen theirs in a while--I only bought it at Walmart. Most specialty yuppie-haven coffee bean shops carry it.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I thought you were pulling my leg. I am going to the coffee roaster tomorrow so I'll ask.

John

wazzappenning

mine is 1250 watts. i get it now, you mean gut rot acidic. they apparently all have some acidic taste.(according to my coffee guy) and i think all coffee is hard on your stomach. if you like tea (i dont), you might try the tanzanian peaberry. its either flowery or fruity, i thought kind of like tea. i wouldnt buy a big bag till you know what you like. as for the top, i use to use it, but the extra time running the popper started melting it. also, timing is key. you want to be able to remove it very quickly to dump your beans into a cooling bowl/pot.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Yirgacheffe is excellent coffee. It definitely has a different taste when compared to a Central American coffee. I believe it is also dry processed as opposed to most others that are wet processed. At one time or another I think I've tried almost every coffee variety that Sweet Maria's has to offer. Now, if I can only say that about tobacco.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
mine is 1250 watts. i get it now, you mean gut rot acidic. they apparently all have some acidic taste.(according to my coffee guy) and i think all coffee is hard on your stomach. if you like tea (i dont), you might try the tanzanian peaberry. its either flowery or fruity, i thought kind of like tea. i wouldnt buy a big bag till you know what you like. as for the top, i use to use it, but the extra time running the popper started melting it. also, timing is key. you want to be able to remove it very quickly to dump your beans into a cooling bowl/pot.

Thanks Wazz. Today's the day !

John

wazzappenning

so... how was your coffee this morning? btw ive heard that dark roasts are usually to mask the taste of low quality beans.

wazzappenning

thanks for the sweetmaria link guys, i thought id save a bundle. problem is (and i hate) that usps stopped using ground mail, and as a result it is cheaper to ship something from europe or china then from my neighbors to the south. its ridiculous.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
It was great ! I got a Ethiopian Harrar both roasted the way they like it and green for me to try. I didn't roast today as it was chilly and damp. The stuff they roasted was damned good. Best I've had in along time. One of my long time friends was here. She is a serious coffee drinker. She said it was better than ANY she ever drank. (She tends to exaggerate a little but still -- ) No sourness on the back of my tongue and no GI problems so far.

Thanks Guys, I may be able to enjoy now and then.

John

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
You might want to also try Coffee Bean Direct. They are on the East Coast. The costs are similar but it only takes 2 days to get your order from them as opposed to a week or so from the West Coast. Just like Sweet Maria's they also sell green and roasted beans as well as organic and conventional.

Randy B

wazzappenning

thanks for the sweetmaria link guys, i thought id save a bundle. problem is (and i hate) that usps stopped using ground mail, and as a result it is cheaper to ship something from europe or china then from my neighbors to the south. its ridiculous.

theres an idea for boosting the us economy. someone should suggest it to the government. given the can/us exchange rate, the selection online, and prices/ease of shopping, canadians WANT to do business with the us. however, since usps decided to go strictly air mail, and effectively triple (?) the price of shipping, canadians are being forced to go elsewhere for their online shopping. i imagine other countries have the same issue with usps. get the govt to re instate ground mail and return shipping costs to reasonable and us businesses should see a boom of sales beyond us borders.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
theres an idea for boosting the us economy. someone should suggest it to the government. given the can/us exchange rate, the selection online, and prices/ease of shopping, canadians WANT to do business with the us. however, since usps decided to go strictly air mail, and effectively triple (?) the price of shipping, canadians are being forced to go elsewhere for their online shopping. i imagine other countries have the same issue with usps. get the govt to re instate ground mail and return shipping costs to reasonable and us businesses should see a boom of sales beyond us borders.

Right on Wazz ! I get a kick out of USPS running in the red while UPS and FED EX regularly make a profit. Perhaps if they get their heads out of their collective butt's and increase the price of 3rd class mail to competitive rates things would improve. Unfortunately that would pee off a lot of advertising giants who regularly use our $$$'s to ship a lot of unwanted and annoying junk mail to us each day. Reinstating ground mail would drop prices and maybe make USPS profitable again.

END OF RANT

John

Not quite the end -- Unfortunately Canadians don't speak Spanish, If they did things would be different.
Are any of you guys in favor of SMALLER government?

J

toad

ty on the info wonderful picture of the tree and wouldn't mind trying to grow a tree here in al.

Status
Not open for further replies.