Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Colins 2014 grow log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bex

Definitely no open coils, as the amount of condensation in the initial yellowing stage will not be a healthy situation for them. Personally, I have no problem with keeping the humidity high, but some of the posters here are using steamers or similar, to maintain this. If you decide that the wet bulb is a bit too unwieldly to use (as it needs to be inside the chamber, and you need to be able to see it), you may wish to utilize a Ranco like set up, that is for RH (it will turn the steamer on and off, depending on RH, etc.) Like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220V-Digita...WH8040-Range-1-99-RH-HM-40-Type-/280900325755

COLIN

IMG_0887.JPGIMG_0888.JPGIMG_0889.JPGJust a quick update on how my seeding are going In the first picture is my Hickory Pryer and Virg Bright in the second picture is my Big Gem and Vig 116 the third picture is Yellow Twist Bud , Del Gold, Dixie Bright,.Start planting in two days time.

Bex

Yum. Some fine, healthy looking plants. And hours and hours of planting out, as well....Sadly, that tractor won't help you with that.

Ben Brand

Colin,
Bet you the Northern Hemisphere growers are jealous of us, just like we are of them when its our winter. I`m in South Africa and are planting next week end. All the best for your season

Bex

I always wonder at photos of the earth from satellite, etc. Everything is actually all growing out sideways, in reality.

COLIN

Two rows of Hickory Pryor and two row of Virg Bright planted this afternoon gets my season started.IMG_0892.JPG

Brown Thumb

Freaking soccer field. Looks Super Duper, Keep up the Super Work.
Very nice plants you are starting with.
BT

COLIN

Is it alright to trim leaves once planted. I'm getting 150 knots winds here and the leaf is getting a hiding.

Bex

While this isn't a scientific answer, certainly, I get winds like that as well, and find that the larger, outer leaves that are taking a hiding will also protect the smaller inside leaf. If you remove them (at least while it is windy) then the inner leaf is totally exposed. Once the weather settles, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to trim the outer, damaged leaf, if you wanted to.....

COLIN

No Rainmax not this year I still have 30lbs of cigar varieties in my loft from 2012 season.

COLIN

Well the weather has been a bit more favourable for me tonight and I managed to plant two rows of virg 116.IMG_0906.JPG

Rickey60

Your garden looks great. I will enjoy watching it grow. It make me ready to get started on another season of growing. Great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.