Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

common burley and commercial flue cure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickey60

I see these seed for sale and wonder what type they are. Common Burley? Commercial flue cure? Anyone have any idea what types these might be? It could be anything as far as I know.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
A lot of people here spend a lot of time here on the forum trying to legitimize tobacco varieties. Burley is a type of tobacco with more than 100 different varieties. Each variety has different flavor, growing and curing characteristics.

Flue Cured is also a type of tobacco with more than 400 different varieties with flavor, growing and curing characteristics.

I'd very strongly suggest clicking on this link and buying your seeds from a reputable seed vendor.

SustainableSeed.jpg

Rickey60

I was just wondering what they were. I am not buying any seed from them. Members here have helped me with all the seed I need. Thanks for the heads up but thanks to all i have learned from member here I know what these varieties are and that there are many types in each class. That is why I was asking how someone could sell a pack of seed under that description.

leverhead

They could be anything! There are sources for named varieties in the FAQ, Skychaser has a huge list. I spend more for starting medium than I do for even expensive seeds. It may take a few seasons to find out what you do or don't like. With names like that, they could even be mixed seed and still be truthfully labeled. For me, there's too much work between seed and smoke to start with seed that doesn't have some kind of pedigree.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The people peddling those seed should be beaten with green tobacco stalks. :mad: I'm just sayin'... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.