Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

First Try At Smoked Duck In My Smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie G.

Always wanted to try smoking a Duck. Today was the day. I smoked it for 2 1/2 hrs with cherry chips, then in the oven to roast for 3 hrs. Glazed it with a Maple Syrup, Mustard, and Soy glaze. I was surprised how un-fatty it came out. I think from the scored skin. I'm definitely doing this again.

PC051779_zpsvv6663fs.jpg

Smokin Harley

I did 2 chickens and a duck for Thanksgiving. Duck usually doesn't yield as much meat as a chicken but it is very tasty,along the line of prime rib.

bryonlr

Always wanted to try smoking a Duck. Today was the day. I smoked it for 2 1/2 hrs with cherry chips, then in the oven to roast for 3 hrs. Glazed it with a Maple Syrup, Mustard, and Soy glaze. I was surprised how un-fatty it came out. I think from the scored skin. I'm definitely doing this again.

View attachment 17342

That looks real tasty CharlieG. Why only 2 1/2 hours in the smoker?

charlie G.

bryonlar I wanted to finish it in the oven at high heat to crisp up the skin and render as much fat as I could. It worked out well that way.

bryonlr

looks really good. I smoke mine in a gasser with apple and hickory chunks at 350 deg. until 165 internal temp. Size of the bird determines time.

DGBAMA

Looks great Charlie. How was it? Duck has a tendency to fry out and be tough.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
That skin looks fine...its a sign of a good smoking..my turkey this year was smoked..and come out the same colour of your bird..

Status
Not open for further replies.