Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

fliollo or florojo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

I have a half pound of flojo viso.
Don't know much about it.

How do you think it would blend with criollo?
How do you think it would blend with corojo?

I also have piloto and mata fina. I'm having fun rolling them in habano.
How do you think a leaf of flojo would blend with a combination of those two?

Gdaddy

I have a half pound of flojo viso.
Don't know much about it.

How do you think it would blend with criollo?
How do you think it would blend with corojo?

I also have piloto and mata fina. I'm having fun rolling them in habano.
How do you think a leaf of flojo would blend with a combination of those two?

I found the flojo to be a unique, fairly large leaf. Had to take some time to soften it up and un-rolled it. It was difficult to work with and thick right out of the bag. For my best results I ended up spraying the leaves with distilled water to get the sand/dirt off them.(they were gritty/dirty right from the field) They could probably be quickly dipped in a bucket of water and shaken out for a faster process. Once soft they can be stretched, flattened and brought to proper case for use.

Once processed, the tobacco is a sweet, mild pleasant smoke. I actually liked it better than the Mata Fina when mixed with Piloto seco. As with any thick leaf tobacco such as this, additional drying/resting time is strongly recommended.

Your mileage may vary.

charlie G.

Thanks Gdaddy very good info. That's why I love this site, so much great info shared from the members.

webmost

I found the flojo to be a unique, fairly large leaf. Had to take some time to soften it up and un-rolled it. It was difficult to work with and thick right out of the bag. For my best results I ended up spraying the leaves with distilled water to get the sand/dirt off them.(they were gritty/dirty right from the field) They could probably be quickly dipped in a bucket of water and shaken out for a faster process. Once soft they can be stretched, flattened and brought to proper case for use.

Once processed, the tobacco is a sweet, mild pleasant smoke. I actually liked it better than the Mata Fina when mixed with Piloto seco. As with any thick leaf tobacco such as this, additional drying/resting time is strongly recommended.

I tried this blend gdaddy suggested... Uppowoc Flojoloto -- Paraguay Flojo with Piloto Cubano. It was OK, is all. Smooth, sweet... but kinda bland. I've got three left. I'll spark them up, no worry; but I wouldn't waste a whole bag of piloto on them.

So. Experiment continues. This morning I bunched up a pair of fliollo -- flojo with criollo; and a pair of florojo -- flojo with corojo. I'll see if they're worth smoking.

Gdaddy is completely correct how thick these leaves are. So thick and strong that they left my fectos all lumpy. So, a couple days ago, I separated the leaves, then re-stacked them, spritzing just a bit, one spritz between each four leaves. Then put them back in bags. Took two bags now to hold what had all been compressed in one. Left them to set a couple days. This resulted in much more pliable leaves. Now, even tho they are still thick as heck, at least they can be rolled smoother. Hate to do that, cause they came out damper than filler ought to be. They don't crunch the way I like when rolling. Bunched some this morning. Stemmed one flojo leaf, pinched it into three lengths, rolled each length so that I had a bundle of half a dozen flojo tubos, then surrounded that central bunch with entubado corojo or criollo. That gave me the finer C or C leaves on the outside, so that the binder could lay down smoother.

The dust that shook off each leaf is something else. Too lazy to wash each leaf. I'll put up with it.

Still looking for the right use for these things. Each leaf fills up a lot of cigar.

Sure smell good.

Status
Not open for further replies.