Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Flying dutchman pipe blend

stu

My recollection of Flying Dutchman is that it is finely shredded, and only mildly aromatic (perhaps honey). The link below states a vague list of ingredients.

Flying Dutchman on tobaccoreviews.com

Bob
I indeed noted that its fine shredded. But i taste some kind of nutmeg in it. I already looked up what the ingredients could be somewhat of everything. In the beginning when i opened the tin and i smoked it i was okay not great but okay. But after a while in a glass jar. The taste has grown on me and i can taste more in depth flavours like vanille, nutmeg, chocolate. Do you perhaps know i have had also African red cherry plant and harvested the leaves. In what Catogorie these plant and or leaves are. Is it a Virginia type? Because sometimes it has a vague virginia kind of aroma dont know why its called cherry because i cant taste any cherries. I couldnt find to much information about the species or plant itself on the internet only some vague info about it derives from africa and is grown there.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I am aware of African Red, and of Cherry Red—two different flue-cure varieties. The "cherry" of Cherry Red is likely a hyperbolic marketing allusion to its color (which in reality is similar to most other flue-cure varieties).

African Red
Cherry Red
from Northwood Seeds.

Commercial pipe blenders have often added "secret" flavorants to their proprietary recipes. These are often a mixture of several, making the individual constituents difficult to identify.

Bob