Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Hello from Turkey, the lands of oriental tobacco. I'm with you :)

Last edited:

oldsouth

Banned
Hey,

We've already communicated on the How to Grow forum - welcome! BTW, that hookah tobacoc is about the most fascinating leaf I've ever seen. Can it be used as a cigar filler?

istanbulin

Founding Member
Thank you.
oldsouth,
I'm not sure because its a very slow burning tobacco and also strong. If you've tried rustica in your cigar and liked it, you may use tombac as the same way.

oldsouth

Banned
Thank you.
oldsouth,
I'm not sure because its a very slow burning tobacco and also strong. If you've tried rustica in your cigar and liked it, you may use tombac as the same way.

Slow burning and strong is what I'm looking for. How is the flavor? Is it aromatic at all - any unique scents?

Irishhorsemaster

Hello istanbulin and welcome! I just recently joined here myself so I am glad to have a fellow newbie here to keep me company. I hope you can tell us more about your experience with the legendary Turkish tobacco which is adored by pipe smokers. Wish I was there enjoying a relaxing bath at the many Hammams there. Welcome!

Markw

Hello Istanbulin and welcome.
I love reading your information on the Turkish tobacco, I never knew there were so many
Welcome aboard

Markw

istanbulin

Founding Member
Slow burning and strong is what I'm looking for. How is the flavor? Is it aromatic at all - any unique scents?

I did'nt try it in a cigar but with hookah (nargile) it's pretty strong and sweet. Actually I'm not sure if it's going to stay lit without a heat source. I've learned that tombac is used as a chewing tobacco in India, may be from its sweet taste because it contains 9% sugars.

oldsouth

Banned
Yeah - it looks like they just have whole leaf... they are listed as a seed seller, which is odd. I'll check out southsmoke.com - thanks!

oldsouth

Banned
Interesting literature:

Tombac.jpg

I might like to try just adding a bit to a cigar filler for a unique flavor - I've had a few hits on hookah in Lebanese, Pakistani, Turkish and even one Greek restaurant (I'm a big fan of the flavors from that part of the world) and found it to be a very rich smoke. But also, just imagine that leaf as a wrapper - it has leopard spots and a texture like a Te Amo wrapper. Man, that thing would stand out in a humidor!

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Welcome to the site.

I've been following some of your remarkable topics on the other site. Considering there are many members here who do not visit that site, If you are so inclined, please feel free to re-post your most valuable information here.

Thank you for joining.

istanbulin

Founding Member
It's very good to reach this literature, I've heard about this. Some literatures says tombac is derived from N.rustica some of them says it's a N.persica or Shiraz tobacco.
Tombac looks like rustica but higher in sugar and lower in nicotine (rustica contains 4-5% nicotine) I disagree with this opinion. On the other I'm not agree with the attribution of tombac is same with Shiraz tobacco. It's a very complicated issue, I'll make it discussed in a new topic.

I'm sure tombac wrapped cigars draw attention, but wrapping it with its thick texture may be difficult.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Welcome to the site.

I've been following some of your remarkable topics on the other site. Considering there are many members here who do not visit that site, If you are so inclined, please feel free to re-post your most valuable information here.

Thank you for joining.

Thank you, I'll post them with a richer content.

Boboro

Its really cool to have somebody from the east here. I got a small hooka pipe that a would like to learn to smoke.

oldsouth

Banned
Am I wrong, or does the tombac leaf appear to have a different texture from most tobaccos leaves - kind of velvety?

Status
Not open for further replies.