Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hiya folks, Kirk from UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Spirit

The Scary Bear Owner
Intro's are not my strong point but I'll give it a shot, I'm Kirk and I herald from England, I'm an ageing Metal-Head with a penchant for tobacco and Briar pipes, I enjoy playing around in Photoshop tinkering with the odd graphic here and there. I have 2 daughters, due to some physical and other problems I do not work as I am disabled, I try to keep myself busy with a few little hobbies, one of those includes tinkering with Briar, I'll get around to that stuff at a later date. Although most consider it a thing meant for kids I also write a bit of Poetry/Verse, nothing formally stylised as I don't have a clue about all the particulars, I simply write what is inside of me that is screaming for release, it tends to be a little dark and sombre. I don't have any formal education as I was raised in kids homes and was moved around a lot, didn't get to stay in any place long enough to get settled any where, schools didn't have much time for kids from homes so the few I did attend I got left alone at the back of the class, eventually I just stopped bothering going and would walk the streets or go to the woods and daydream.

I love smoking my pipes and I really have a strong passion for tobacco, I have dabbled in home blending with blending tobaccos but haven't had much luck with it all, never had anyone to ask questions of before so I was pretty much just throwing tobaccos together and seeing what came of them, mostly un-smokable rubbish to be honest. I found this site by following a link on BoB in a post by oldbear about his experiments with Perique processing, I had no idea this forum existed until this morning, I dare say I wont have much to offer to help folk out here but I'll try where I can, I hope to learn more about home blending here which is my main motivation for joining.

Well, there it is, thanks for taking the time to read my blurb, catch you guys on the boards, be well and safe journeys,
Briar Spirit.

leverhead

Welcome! There's enough stuff here that's been done and posted, or is being experimented with now to get you smoking something interesting.

Desertpipe

Greetings Kirk....it is good to see another pipe reprobate find this group of outlaws. You have just opened Pandora's Box of tobacco, and will find yourself swept into a subterranean culture of knowledge that will have you planting itty bitty seed in strange places in no time.

PS...your pipes are looking super these days, and you have developed a good eye for shapes.

ChucK

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Kirk, you seem to have picked up a bit here and there, at the back of the classrooms. In reality, teachers and mentors and forums--and "the street"--are simply a buffet of ideas. Each of us accomplishes the task of learning as an internal, deeply personal process. Formal education works for some; independent acquisition of skills and knowledge works best for others.

So, welcome to the forum. If you browse the forum index (home page), you'll find a number of subjects that address some of your questions. There is a FAQ for beginning growers (link at the top of every page) that may contain useful information even for those not growing tobacco, as well as a separate index of "key threads" that are grouped by topic: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3868-Key-threads-in-the-FTT-forum.

Enjoy.

Bob

Briar Spirit

The Scary Bear Owner
Welcome to Fair Trade Tobacco Kirk.

Thank you for the kind welcome.

welcome to the FTT forum Kirk. nice intro

Thank you for the kind welcome and generous compliment.

Welcome to us here at Fair Trade Tobacco and hope you like your stay.

Thank you for the kind welcome, I'm liking the site very much.

Welcome to FTT Kirk, you will like your stay.

Thank you for the kind welcome, I am indeed liking my stay here.

Welcome aboard Kirt, good to have you join us.

Thank you for the kind welcome, good to be here.

Welcome! There's enough stuff here that's been done and posted, or is being experimented with now to get you smoking something interesting.

Thank you for the kind welcome, there is most certainly plenty to learn from here.

Greetings Kirk....it is good to see another pipe reprobate find this group of outlaws. You have just opened Pandora's Box of tobacco, and will find yourself swept into a subterranean culture of knowledge that will have you planting itty bitty seed in strange places in no time.

PS...your pipes are looking super these days, and you have developed a good eye for shapes.

ChucK

Heya Chuck and greetings my friend, very nice to see a familiar 'face' if you will, thank you so very much for the very kind and generous compliment regarding my humble attempts at pipe making, I still have much to learn but I am getting there slowly but surely.

Well, Kirk, you seem to have picked up a bit here and there, at the back of the classrooms. In reality, teachers and mentors and forums--and "the street"--are simply a buffet of ideas. Each of us accomplishes the task of learning as an internal, deeply personal process. Formal education works for some; independent acquisition of skills and knowledge works best for others.

So, welcome to the forum. If you browse the forum index (home page), you'll find a number of subjects that address some of your questions. There is a FAQ for beginning growers (link at the top of every page) that may contain useful information even for those not growing tobacco, as well as a separate index of "key threads" that are grouped by topic: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3868-Key-threads-in-the-FTT-forum.

Enjoy.

Bob

For sure, I am one of those fellows who isn't too good at learning anything if it is supposed to be learnt in any traditional manner, aint no one ever took the time to bother showing me how to learn things proper like so I have had to learn how to learn by me lonesome if you will. Aint been easy and still aint easy to be quite truthful, folk tend to get frustrated and then annoyed with me because I don't grasp things straight off the bat like most folk seem to, takes me a bit longer to learn new things than most folk can be bothered with and they tend to lose patience with me so I tends to end up having to figure stuff out for meself most times. Good in some respects as what I do learn I tend to learn well and never forget the essentials, just wish I didn't feel so awkward in the early stages of learning something new, fortunately there are some folk in the World more willing to be patient with some things so I have on the odd occasion had opportunity to glean knowledge from others, gets very frustrating trying to work things out for meself all the time and more oft' than not I ends up feeling very disappointed with meself and tend to feel pretty stupid most of the time.

Nah, I aint got the finances nor the space to be able to grow me own tobacco, gawd help me I'd love to be able to do so, me Da' god rest him used to grow and smoke his own tobacco but I didn't know him long afore he past away so I didn't get much chance to ask him much about it, hmmm, long and rather dreary story right there. I've dipped me toes in the water with home blending if you will but have ended up with less than satisfactory results, I'm pretty keen to discover how to flavour existing blends as well as how to home blend more successfully, I reckons this'll be the place to seek that information right enough.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Well, This site is as You could say- ( Your tobacco AA) We wecome You Sir, and -Yes We will help You on Your quest in the tobacco world with our lines here open to You. Welcome Briar Spirit. Mad-

Briar Spirit

The Scary Bear Owner
You know, I'm often told that how I use language dictates to those to whom I am conversing what sort of person I am, sometimes I will converse in a manner rather akin to someone with a plumb stuffed in their mouth and I find myself wondering what's going on so I have no idea what the other person must be thinking but it can't be good I dare say. Other times I find myself speaking in a manner rather more suited to someone with a piece of straw hanging out of their mouth whilst they're toting the latest fashion as designed by farmer Giles. I get asked where I'm from quite a lot as people very often get a face full of SE London accent from me and they suppose I'm a London boy. Truth is I'm not really from any where in particular, I've lived in 22 different places through my life thus far and they're all spread out all over the country, if I'm using a snooty vernacular it generally tends to mean I feel intimidated or uncomfortable with a given situation but if I'm talking rather more like some dirty little street urchin then I tend to be feeling rather more comfortable and at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.