Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

I'm Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Tobaccoman

Been gone a while. Well, my computer crashed after getting hacked and filled with malware. The hard drive was corrupted too. Luckily, I could tell it was going to happen so I backed up all my docs, pics and tunes. New hard drive for $245 total and now this laptop is like brand new. So, I'll catch up about my difficult curing season in my grow blog. But all came out pretty good and I have lots of MD609 leaf of various grades to trade for flue cured Virginia bright types and/or burley, if anyone is interested. I'll post that in the swap section. I ended up with24 plants of MD609, which is more than a lifetime supply. Anxious to get caught up with all of you.

CT

POGreen

Nice piece of work there with the computer Tobaccoman , thinking of reinstalling Windows 7 on my iMac , which is since 08 , there's no go in it anymore and all things take time......

webmost

Glad you're back.

Try Linux Mint.

Sent from my Debian Linux box using two tuna cans and a string, like so:
[------------------------------------------------------------------]

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Sent from my Debian Linux box using two tuna cans and a string, like so:
[------------------------------------------------------------------]
I believe it should be engineered like this:
]------------------------------------------------------------------[

Bob

webmost

I believe it should be engineered like this:
]------------------------------------------------------------------[

Bob
My original design looked like so:
{]------------------------------------------------------------------[}
... but I thought the ears detracted

Hehehehe...

sent from my candlestick phone with help from Gladys at the switchboard
oooooo
oooooo
oooo!o
oooooo

CT Tobaccoman

Nice piece of work there with the computer Tobaccoman , thinking of reinstalling Windows 7 on my iMac , which is since 08 , there's no go in it anymore and all things take time......

Don't know about that. Does Windows belong on a Mac? I'm no expert. In fact, my computer was so loaded with unnecessary programs that it got invaded by hackers and had become very slow. Now it's clean and quick. Keep it simple.

The guy who fixed it is into fixing all kinds of electronic stuff, old stuff too like record players. Too bad he's not near you. Honest and inexpensive geeks are hard to find. Suppose one could mail stuff to Nifty Nate's in Hyannis, Mass (Nate Kennedy, of all names in Hyannis.) He also gave me free anti virus and malware software and a free Office suite similar to Microsoft Office called Libre Office, which is just fine. 100 for the new drive, 145 for the labor. Can't beat it. It's 50 bucks more if he has to back up all your personal stuff.

CT Tobaccoman

Wondering why I am "Forbidden" to access my grow blog, "CT Tobaccoman's Backyard patch." Too long a dormant thread? Closed for the season? What's up? Get Error message 404 plus the word "Forbidden." Maybe an issue about my new hard drive not being recognized? Doubtful, since I can log in and post. ??? I believe that my browser (Firefox) is set to not receive third party cookies. Maybe that? Maybe one of you can see if you can access it. Find it at Search

CT

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Wondering why I am "Forbidden" to access my grow blog, "CT Tobaccoman's Backyard patch." Too long a dormant thread? Closed for the season? What's up? Get Error message 404 plus the word "Forbidden." Maybe an issue about my new hard drive not being recognized? Doubtful, since I can log in and post. ??? I believe that my browser (Firefox) is set to not receive third party cookies. Maybe that? Maybe one of you can see if you can access it. Find it at Search

CT

CT, I tried to access the thread and also got an error message.

ArizonaDave

I'm happy just using microsoft "notes" on my Mac. It's like Word. It also makes it easy to keep important links and info on various threads here on FTT.

Yes, CT Tobaccoman, it could be a cookie, although I'm not sure on the details of this site. I have a saved link on each of my started thread on "Notes" if I need to access my threads. Maybe you could do that in the future?

CT Tobaccoman

Here it is:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /threads/4537-CT-Tobaccoman-s-Backyard-patch-blog on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at fairtradetobacco.com Port 80

Thanks, Knuck. Now I know that it isn't my computer. Well, I'll just make a new thread about my curing adventures and frustrations.

Right after cutting there was 80+ humidity for 2 weeks topped off by a three day Nor'easter, and the landlord was around so I couldn't start a charcoal fire in the barn. She's an anti tobacco hysteric as it is. So I suffered some rot, had to prime leaves off hanging plants and festoon them all over the house. Now they are color cured so I put them back in the barn so that it can re-humidify and become more uniform and finish stem drying, since now the weather is now too dry. Lost maybe a fifth to rot. Many leaves are half cured rot and half ok. Luckily I hung half the crop in my apartment in Conn 200 miles away, and they are coming out fine. Warm and dry in the apartment, perfect for stalk curing.

I should have waited another 2 weeks before cutting them, until the humid spell was over. Cut October 10, 4-6 weeks after topping. Fleck was starting to happen, aphids too, but still. The landlord was the main problem.

DIY Pete

Don't know about that. Does Windows belong on a Mac? I'm no expert. In fact, my computer was so loaded with unnecessary programs that it got invaded by hackers and had become very slow. Now it's clean and quick. Keep it simple.

The guy who fixed it is into fixing all kinds of electronic stuff, old stuff too like record players. Too bad he's not near you. Honest and inexpensive geeks are hard to find. Suppose one could mail stuff to Nifty Nate's in Hyannis, Mass (Nate Kennedy, of all names in Hyannis.) He also gave me free anti virus and malware software and a free Office suite similar to Microsoft Office called Libre Office, which is just fine. 100 for the new drive, 145 for the labor. Can't beat it. It's 50 bucks more if he has to back up all your personal stuff.

Libre Office is just an offshoot of Open Office, its open source free ware. Make sure you save your files in compatibility mode if you are going to share them with others. When saved in it's normal mode other products like Microsoft Office can't open the files.

I wipe my drive and start fresh on my work computer every summer. Helps keep it from getting bogged down.

Pete

CT Tobaccoman

Libre Office is just an offshoot of Open Office, its open source free ware. Make sure you save your files in compatibility mode if you are going to share them with others. When saved in it's normal mode other products like Microsoft Office can't open the files.

I wipe my drive and start fresh on my work computer every summer. Helps keep it from getting bogged down.

Pete

Good idea, wiping drives fresh. The drive itself had problems in my case--I'd been getting and ignoring a message for months. I save in either rich text format or compatible to XP and Windows 98 since I have old documents. I've never saved in Windows 7 format. Some things about Libre Office I haven't figured out. I used to use the Find and Replace function in Word a lot--pasting articles from the net into Word, eliminating the format and re-formatting, newspaper style, to print out and read. So far, haven't found how to use this function on libre--changing all manual line beaks to paragraph marks, for instance. Can't find the symbols. Columns and line spacing too. I am just really used to Word. Maybe I'll have to get a book for dummies.

Status
Not open for further replies.