Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Interesting website with videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I appreciate the link. Very interesting story. You have to love a name like Happy Wigglesworth. lol. I'm outside with my tablet right now and it doesn't do videos but I'm looking forward to watching them later.

Also interesting was their use of "Krest" in one of the blends. Described as flue cured tobacco stems known for their high sugar content. Hmmm...

EDIT: Just saw the videos. Good stuff.

Last edited:

BigBonner

Founding Member
They use the same tray I use .

KY Best is about 35 miles from where I live .

They buy tobacco from any source they can. A lot is imported . They don't grow all of it themselves .
Their neighbors don't like the owner at all . He won't buy tobacco from them and he is rich from making cigarettes .
He buys up all the land and his neighbors don't have a chance to purchase any new crop land . They say if its for sale he will buy it and not think about a neighbor needing land .

Indianamac

Same happens around here with the corn/soy bean fields. Wealthy farmers suck it all up! Atleast we're still eaten I guess!

istanbulin

Founding Member
They use the same tray I use .

I mentioned "seeding" tray not "seedling" tray. The one which has little holes for putting seeds into soil of the seedling/float trays. Yours was different, you were putting seeds one by one with hand with a narrow tray which has a single row of seed holes. May be you have another one, I don't know. I know/saw what you shared here before.

BigBonner

Founding Member
My whole tray seeder is different than the one on the video .Theirs uses a vacuum .
My seeder , you roll the pelleted seed around by tilting the tray until one pelleted seed fall into each hole , then roll all the unused seeds to the holding end . Then the top is slid to one end matching the holes in the plexiglass holes on the bottom glass and the seeds fall through the holes on to the float tray . I like mine way better than the vacuum style seeder . These can not be used for raw seeds .

My one hole at a time seeder is for raw seeds . Scooting one seed at a time into each hole .

Here is a picture of my seeder .
yL7MPuR.jpg

holyRYO

They buy tobacco from any source they can. A lot is imported . They don't grow all of it themselves .
Their neighbors don't like the owner at all . He won't buy tobacco from them and he is rich from making cigarettes .

While watching the video, kept asking myself why I have not tried that brand. KY this, KY that, sounded good. Then to find out he uses imported tobacco, that should be false advertising. Don't doubt it's not loaded with fillers. Who needs another crappy RYO/Pipe tobacco? New ones spring up every day, it seems. Thanks for the heads up.

Always wonder who supplies all that crappy imported tobacco? I swear the dozens of brands all use the same stuff, just different batches, mixes, and different sauces... same result.

DirkReids

Thanks Indianamac for sharing out website link.. Yes the site has got very nice exciting videos.. I have never visited the site before..

Status
Not open for further replies.