Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

janetta007 Grow Blog 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

janetta007

I finally have a grow blog started, yeah me. Seeds started Jan. 27, 2014DSCF1048.jpg

Now I have to thin and repot the seedlings into separate containers.
DSCF1051.jpg

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Hey 007, I recommend you put some type of mark on your tray to help identify your seeds as they grow. As it stands now it looks like you only have them I.D.'d by labels on the box. If you change the orientation of your Jiffy seed tray you might not know which is which.

janetta007

Grow update as of 2/27/2014 I have set them in individual grow cups with holes on the bottom and sides for wicking and soil "breathing" to prevent mildew. The ones in the Jiffy tray are YTB. I used potting soil in 3/4 of the cup then finished topping with seed starting mix to help with the roots. I am using natural light in a southern facing window rotating every few days. My last frost date according to "The Old Farmers Almanac is March 15th but we just had a temp dip of 24 over night. I should be good. Happy Growing. DSCF1053.jpgDSCF1054.jpgDSCF1055.jpgDSCF1056.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
They're looking healthy Janetta. What else are you growing in the bottom picture?

janetta007

Well these cold snaps that we have been having has stalled the transplanting of my seedlings. We have been having 30 and 40 degree weather here at night so I may be able to transplant in a couple of weeks. They are starting to get yellow so I will have to do a peroxide solution on them. And start them hardening.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Well these cold snaps that we have been having has stalled the transplanting of my seedlings. We have been having 30 and 40 degree weather here at night so I may be able to transplant in a couple of weeks. They are starting to get yellow so I will have to do a peroxide solution on them. And start them hardening.

Try one tablespoon of epsom salts to a gallon of water. It could be a magnesium deficiency and the magnesium in the epsom salts will also help nutrient uptake of the other nutrients. If they're not better after three days, try a little miracle gro at half strength in the bottom tray. I dosed mine a couple of days ago and they are already looking better. I used Miracle Gro Seed Starting Mix that had some fertilizer in the soil, I think the soil just ran out of nutrients. You're about the third person to post this is the past couple of days so it seems about right for everyone's soil to run out at the same time.

Last edited:

DGBAMA

Knucks beat me to it. I had yellowing a couple times last year. 1tsp Epsom and 1 tsp miracle grow to a gallon of water. 3 days later green again.

Too much water can also cause yellowing.

DonH

Knucks beat me to it. I had yellowing a couple times last year. 1tsp Epsom and 1 tsp miracle grow to a gallon of water. 3 days later green again.

Too much water can also cause yellowing.
You don't even need the Miracle Gro. The Epsom salts will green up the leaves immediately.

janetta007

Well I went with the Miracle grow because that's what I had on hand. I put them outside yesterday in full sun to start them hardening, it was 78 here.

Nikfits

After seeing this yesterday. I did the same. I had some yellowing start and put Miracle Grow on them and they greened right up. The weather here in Georgia has been nice in the 70"s, then cold as heck, and rainy. At one time cold air didn't bother me much. Not so anymore.
Looks great Janetta. Good luck on your Grow.

Gary

janetta007

wx_65.png

M Sunny
62°
39° Tuesday
Wednesday, March 26
wx_82.png

PM Rain
57°
38 These night time temps are really getting on my nerves. I may be able to transplant them this weekend. I HOPE

daniel draeving

They're lookin good Janetta. The weather has been horrible everywhere. Here it was in the 50's last week......today 7°. Good luck with your grow.

janetta007

Quarter to softball size hail storm in North Texas with tornados. Glad I didn't put my plants in the ground. BUT I went to check the rain guage the next morning.....0.01 inches of rain here in East Texas. We just got a little wind.

janetta007

Wait, I take that back. I did put 4 in the ground because I needed the cups for Huckleberry seedlings.
DSCF1059.jpgDSCF1060.jpgDSCF1061.jpgDSCF1062.jpg

East Texas red dirt baccy plants, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.