Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Look what the postman brought to me yesterday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I don't know that much about making pipes but the forum really started to raise some good and new pipe makers. One of them is Knucklehead ! He gifted this pipe to me. I saw some photos of pipes here which he made, they're really good looking pipes but this one is the finest to me. An old saying; given vinegar is sweeter than honey :) Just kidding. I think it's a real handicraftsmanship. Thank you Knucklehead.

pip2.jpg

pip1.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Another beautiful and unique knucklehead pipe. The poker he sent me is getting heavy use. And there is a genuine joy in knowing the craftsman of the pipe in my hand.

Bob

istanbulin

Founding Member
I'll start to break it today with a Yayladağ (the leaf in the photo above) blend I've made before, we'll see how it's smoke ;)

BarG

Founding Member
He's really getting tuned in on those pipes, Very nice looking pipe!!! It's always sweeter when you know the thought behind it. And I'm still trying to learn a bit abought blending pipe tobacco to fully appreciate.

AmaxB

Really nice looking pipe, I know nothing about making them. Would like to know how the bowl is made is it hand carved, turned on a machine? Is an art for sure.

istanbulin

Founding Member
It's an art, sure. But the artisan is probably very modest, because he hasn't replied to this thread yet :)

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I was going to jump in here with a smart ass comment -- funny, I don't have one.

That's not funny, that's down right scary. I'm checking the math on the Mayan calendar again. Could it be off by the number of leap years or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.