Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Looking for a taste similar to Criollo 98 ligero

Jacobp

So in one of the kits I purchased recently I received the criollo 98 ligero and I loved the cherry notes to it espically in a few blends I have came up with. Does anyone know of another ligero that has this same taste or maybe something similar? Thanks

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I saw that but I don’t know what the fermentation does to the taste, ect? What is the difference?
Fermentation=Aging=Kilning

tullius

Don't really know much about kilning or fermenting cigar leaf because I haven't done it, but here's my two cents on CV versus the "traditional" cigar filler from WLT: it's my understanding that CV tobaccos spend more time fermenting in the pilones, to the tune of a couple of months more.

Having tasted a couple CV tobaccos from WLT against their "traditional" types from WLT, I find the CV types tend to be fuller, stronger and more flavorful than their "regular" counterparts. Seems counterintuitive, but that's what my palate tells me.

Some are on the milder end towards the "regular" like the CV Rene (a great tobacco) , and some are definitely more full and stronger compared to the traditional, like the CV Corojo.

I'd go for the T-13. By all means, try the CV Criollo Ligero too, or maybe ask for a sample with an order. Think you'll find something that'll work, and I'm sure others with more knowledge will weigh in

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Everybody sort of knows this already, but I'll mention it again anyway, especially in the context of seeking a quite specific food flavor in a particular offering of tobacco:

Finished cigar leaf always varies. The label on a bale of cigar leaf tells the purchaser loosely the "variety" of tobacco, maybe the country of origin, and a crude estimate of the average priming level of the included leaf. Finished cigar leaf of the same nominal variety and priming level varies from one country to the next, one valley to the next, and one plantation to the next. It varies from one growing season to the next, as well as from the weather during one color-curing episode or fermentation span to the next. Unlike a manufactured product, the categorical name on a bale of tobacco is no more specific than the confusion that all those variables creates.

I don't mean to discourage anyone's seeking a specific taste or aroma, but don't be too surprised when two orders of the "same" leaf are not the same.

Bob