Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My Shredder

Status
Not open for further replies.

leverhead

Actually, cutting it is the easiest/fastest part. I really want to change over to a pressed "brick" soon. Somebody is coming out with a new utility knife blade that is 4" (102mm) long rather than the normal 2 3/8" (60mm). If they become widely available I'll change then. It would go a long way towards making this type of cutter more practical.

jojjas

Really a very good thread , i have been looking for a way to roll a "cigar" like you do , and i will sure try it
I make bricks of tobacco and slice it with an old machine to slice thin slices of ham or turkey and so on , i fuond it in a flea market for approx.. 3$ Skärmaskin1.jpg

My latest brick or plug as we call it
Only flue cured , 66% bright and 34% red
20131108_192143.jpg

moist to 30% level , press it hard for 5-7 days ( i use 20 tons jack )
20131001.jpg

then 72 hours in 50° (122° F)

The next step is to find out a way to rubb them out easily , i have ideas but are not there yet

leverhead

That's cool! A few others and I have wondered how a meat slicer would work. How thick are the slices and do you have casing on them? I only leave the cigar in the rope for an hour. If yours are badly stuck together, try reducing the moisture content down closer to 20 -25% before you press it. The cigar has worked for me, but it's allot of work. The cigar in the pictures is only 600g. Is that brick about 1Kg?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Those are beautifully cut flakes. I'm envious. Many pipe smokers buy flake, then just rub out (or crumble) enough for loading a single pipe.

To rub out a larger quantity, you can place a batch into the center of a sheet of rubberized shelf liner, tie the sheet closed, then hand-rub all of it at once.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Do you line your plug mold with anything to make it easier to get the plug out? Or do you just disassemble the mold from around the plug?

jojjas

"That's cool! A few others and I have wondered how a meat slicer would work. How thick are the slices and do you have casing on them? I only leave the cigar in the rope for an hour. If yours are badly stuck together, try reducing the moisture content down closer to 20 -25% before you press it. The cigar has worked for me, but it's allot of work. The cigar in the pictures is only 600g. Is that brick about 1Kg?"

I dont case them , yet ,but i am thinking of it , thicknes is adjustable , i do mine about 1-1,2 mm

Those are beautifully cut flakes. I'm envious. Many pipe smokers buy flake, then just rub out (or crumble) enough for loading a single pipe.

To rub out a larger quantity, you can place a batch into the center of a sheet of rubberized shelf liner, tie the sheet closed, then hand-rub all of it at once.

I dont rub them all , somtimes i smoke them just folded and shove them into the pipe , but i shall try your tip soon as i can get my hands on a rubberized shelf liner

Do you line your plug mold with anything to make it easier to get the plug out? Or do you just disassemble the mold from around the plug?

I just dismantle the mould each time , to prevent from having the mould occupied i have several moulds in different sizes from 60 gr (2 oz) to 450 gr (1 lbs)

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Going to try firefox, I can't see any pics.

I have firefox and can't see the pictures. Guess that rules out a firefox problem. Go to youtube and see if you have sound, I keep having to clear my cache and history since the forum swap over. No pictures here, no sound on youtube. May not be related, but started at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.