Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New member: @jaycloudmyself

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to read the New Growers' FAQ, and scan through the topics in our Index of Key Forum Threads. Both are linked in the menu bar.

Bob

GreenDragon

Welcome! What are your tobacco growing goals for the year? Why rustica? Inquiring minds want to know! :cool:

Unless you live next to a tobacco farmer you will not find any seedlings for sale. Go with Bobs advice and get some seeds from NWS. While you are at it get a few other varieties too - you’ll be glad you did.

Alpine

Welcome to FTT.
If you are in a tobacco growing region, you may find a very kind commercial farmer who is willing to sell some of his seedlings but it is nearly impossible that a commercial farmer grows rusticas (at least in the U.S.)… Buy some seeds (from the source that @deluxestogie suggested) and grow your own. Rusticas are easy to grow and have a short (compared to N. tabacum) growing season, it is not too late to start from seed and have a decent crop in early autumn.

pier

johnny108

Hey there!!!!! New to the forum and just getting started. Speaking of, does anyone know where I can purchase 25 nicotiana rustica seedlings?????????
You can get the seeds from here:
http://nwtseeds.com/seed_list.htm
Email him what you want with your address. He will email you back an order total with a PayPal invoice- pay through PayPal, and you'll get your seeds, fast. Almost everyone here orders from him- he's a member here (Skychaser).
Rustica grows quickly enough to start it late.
I highly recommend the Lemonka variety as a strong cigarette variety, with pretty good yields. The Aztec is strong and fast, but low yielding, as is Yellow-109 (I'd go with Aztec if it was a choice between the 2).

What were you planning on using them for? That makes it easier to choose.

Last edited: