Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Newbie wanting to build a kiln

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingsteve

Hi all,
My names Steve,
I've been growing tobacco for a few years now and have ended up with mixed results but I've been doing a lot of reading on here recently after finding this amazing forum and seeing people using kilns to speed the aging process up.
Now I have one of these hot food storage boxes that I was thinking of using and adding a small crockpot and fans I know it is small but it's a start until i can get my hands on some other box that insulates as good as these do. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200415-192606_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20200415-192606_Firefox.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20200415-192613_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20200415-192613_Firefox.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 12

tullius

I've never kilned tobacco but have handled lots of whole leaf, and know exactly what a cambro is. I think you're going to find it's way too small, especially after cramming a crockpot in there.

Don't want to be discouraging, but do think you'll regret not building a kiln at least twice the size as a cambro. Just trying to save you work in the long run.

I'm sure the other guys that have kilns will chime in

smokingsteve

I've never kilned tobacco but have handled lots of whole leaf, and know exactly what a cambro is. I think you're going to find it's way too small, especially after cramming a crockpot in there.

Don't want to be discouraging, but do think you'll regret not building a kiln at least twice the size as a cambro. Just trying to save you work in the long run.

I'm sure the other guys that have kilns will chime in

Yeah I gathered as much I am struggling to find insulation material that can handle water know NZ hence the reason I am looking at other options.
Any other suggestions?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
2” foam board. Here is an excellent design:

Status
Not open for further replies.