Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jParnell

New batch tonight - I think I'm still overstuffing some... a couple we're almost difficult to get out of the mold. Gotta work on consistency... But that just means I get to practice rolling more sticks tomorrow!

IMG_20180602_201324.jpg

IMG_20180602_201420.jpg

IMG_20180602_201552.jpg

jParnell

Looking good!
Thank you!
Nice ... cool clippers too!
Nothing special - $10 Amazon cutter I got specifically for rolling. Much easier than a guillotine cutter for this purpose, and way cheaper than a tuck cutter. My only complaint is they're a tad on the small size. They do nicely with a 47 gauge like these, but I doubt they're fit over the whole stick on a 52

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20180605_3595_cigar_VueltaAbajo_600.jpg

This is a curious (and delicious) cigar. This mid-leaf (in the viso range) from my 2016 Vuelta Abajo grow smelled soft, rich and fully aged, but the texture was thick and leathery. So I used tissue-thin WLT candela wrapper as the binder. Filler is Swarr-Hibshman (2 year old), my Piloto Cubano (1 year old), WLT Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo ligero.

The burn is good to excellent, with ideal draw. Surprisingly, the nicotine strength is a timid medium. I can taste or smell nothing of the candela binder. Swarr-Hibshman provides a medium-bodied fullness to the aroma, without adding much strength. The Piloto Cubano (probably mid leaf) adds a slight edge to the taste. I love very dark wrappers that don't cauterize my lips and tongue.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Late Night Snack

Garden20180605_3597_cigar_IndonesiaShade_600.jpg

This wrapper is from a Perantera sample that Don sent me a while back. If I recall, Tutu said that (based on the tag code) it was Indonesian shade-grown CT Shade.

Bob

Last edited:

Garlisk

Been a while since I rolled anything. Prepped last night, and rolled 5 sticks up today.

Each has dominican seco and corojo viso filler, dominican binder, and then I switched up the wrapper. Connecticut shade (JU01), Honduras Cuban Seed (JU02), and Ecuador Maduro (JU03). I think I might've wrapped some Connecticut shade on tip of the first JU02 stick, lol.

20180606_163518-01.jpg

GreenDragon

My company's annual Officer's meeting is going to be held in my city this year, and it's our 75th anniversary. As I know most of them personally (been with the company 15 years now) I decided to roll some commemorative cigars to mark the occasion to hand out at the big dinner party. I've been playing with different cap shapes and techniques, which is why they are all a little different. Being as they are free, I don't think anyone is going to complain! :)

IMG_4137.jpg

Officers.jpg

GreenDragon

The blend for each cigar is on the wrapper. The Paladin, Temptation and The Steve are 100% Big Bonner tobacco. The Dangerous is 100% WLT tobacco. The picture is a little blury, so for clarity:

The Paladin:
Wrapper/Binder: Pennsylvania
Filler: Silver River, Havanna, Corojo 99

Temptation:
Filler: Florida Sumatra, Havana, Ct Broad Leaf, Bright Leaf Orangie

The Steve:
Filler: Florida Sumatra, Havana, Silver River, Bright Leaf Orangie

Dangerous:
Wrapper: Cuban Seed
Binder: Corojo Obscuro
Filler: Criollo 98 Viso, Dominican Seco

I've like adding just a small bit of the Bright Leaf Orangie to the blends, even though it's more of a cigarette/ pipe tobacco. I find it adds that little je ne sais quoi.

Tutu

My company's annual Officer's meeting is going to be held in my city this year, and it's our 75th anniversary. As I know most of them personally (been with the company 15 years now) I decided to roll some commemorative cigars to mark the occasion to hand out at the big dinner party. I've been playing with different cap shapes and techniques, which is why they are all a little different. Being as they are free, I don't think anyone is going to complain! :)

Looks very very nice!

This wrapper is from a Perantera sample that Don sent me a while back. If I recall, Tutu said that (based on the tag code) it was Indonesian shade-grown CT Shade.

Correct, tag indicated shade grown cross between CT Shade and Besuki.

I'll add a pic of a stick as well. The Wrapper a Mexican Seco San Andres, the Binder a Mexican Viso San Andres. More importantly, the Filler was some Cameroon Sumatra, crop year 2004. Although you'd think it lost some of it taste, it was still very smooth and nice!

IMG_20180607_165653346.jpg

Charly

Just to allow you to fully appreciate the beauty of the cigars posted here by other members, I show you three I rolled yesterday :D :D

cropA.jpg

These are small panatela style : Little Dutch (filler) + Bolivian Criollo Black (wrapper), all home grown.
Here I used leaves from three primes so I can feel the differences (filler and wrapper).
No real binder here, no mold (hence the bumps and irregularities), no cap :)

I think I can find enough time this weekend to smoke at leat one of these :)
Or I will wait until I can smoke them simultaneously (to compare them easily).

Status
Not open for further replies.