Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Putting my leaves in the greenhouse.

Old Gasman

Dear group, unfortunately at the moment I have no room for a kiln so I bagged up last year's leaves in zip lock bags and put them in a storage box where I have patiently kept them at around 68°f at around 68% rh.
At long last the sun is shining and it's quiet hot in my little greenhouse so I had the idea of putting the storage box in there. After an hour it was 86°f and 72% rh. Is there anything to be gained by doing this for the Summer's duration? I've never quiet grasped the correlation between heat and humidity. The very last thing I want to do is to risk the dreaded mould!
Thanks chaps.

Old Gasman

I would have edited my post but I can't see how to do that. I just wanted to say that the temperature is now 107°f in the top bag. My confusion stems from the fact that I know that my indoor temperature/humidity is safe. I also know that mould can't grow over 122°f which is the temperature you use a kiln at. It's the range between those two figures that puzzles me.

SlamFire

I would have edited my post but I can't see how to do that. I just wanted to say that the temperature is now 107°f in the top bag. My confusion stems from the fact that I know that my indoor temperature/humidity is safe. I also know that mould can't grow over 122°f which is the temperature you use a kiln at. It's the range between those two figures that puzzles me.
Check it for mold every week or so. I fermented the tobacco in my kiln at around 116F and 85% or better humidity for 30 days and I didn't have any signs of mold...