Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

quite an unexpected turn of events today...but it sure ended well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

This morning my wife and I decide to take the labradors for a walk and we talk along the way about what we were going to do for the rest of the day. It was a bit cool and windy and looked a bit ominously cloudy start to the day but by the time we finished our walk it started warming up...and the clouds dissipated. I'm sitting here going through some posts ( like I'm not on here at least 5 times a day) and she comes out her favorite jeans and a Harley Tee shirt. Decision for the day was made. Take a ride up north a bit to see the new building of a Harley dealership , the ride takes a good hour ,maybe do lunch somewhere along the way. So I get myself dressed and we head out ,and stop for gas first . We head over and find a nice burger /bbq place we've stopped at before ,fill our bellies and head north for a nice ride. Some spots required a little sideways lean but we made it to the new place just fine. We are met at the door by a sea of new bikes . Hundreds. The "guy" comes over and welcomes us and in no time my wife is up in the clothing department looking at their nice selection . I ,however ,stop to look at a used bike or two and gawked at the nicely done hand pinstriping on one used Streetglide. Just for kicks I ask the guy what this model is going for and he runs off to grab a card and the price info...I move along and we strike up some small talk about where we've ridden ,how many miles a year, blah blah blah. Then he asks about my FTT hat and I tell him I roll my own. An eyebrow raises and I determine this guy likes cigars ,so we have instant common ground. I keep looking . My wife come up and asks did I look at "this" one or "that" one...and we go through the motions of looking at and eventually riding a few nice low mile used bikes. Just a spin around the neighborhood , I bring the first pinstriped one back because its just not impressing me at all with the ride,feels cheap. So, I take the next one ,newer fewer miles. Its better, but no dream. So, I get to talking to the finance guy at this point and he sees what I'm good for . At this point I am NOT in any way shape of form considering a trade . But, it comes up. So, my wife sees I am in need of a "moment" or two to consider let my trusty iron horse of 10 years go in trade...I've been contemplating it for a couple years so its not too bad , nothing I hadn't thought of before, it just never came up until today. Until Now . So, we end up looking at the new models . We take a Black on Black 2015 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited 103 inch monster for a spin and well, I thought trading in my old steed would have been harder,she's taken me ,no...taken US a ton of miles in the sunshine, cloudy days, blazing sun , downpouring rain,Iowa 4 years ago, road trip to Alabama 3 years ago, Sturgis last year and all the scenic roads in that area,etc...Memories... Almost brought a tear but I handled it very well. So, as of about 6pm tonight I am the proud new owner of "the War Machine" because thats the first song I played via bluetooth through her stereo system... and it rides like a dream. I have to take the title and spare keys to the 02 up there Sunday and I plan on bringing a couple Smokin Harley sticks to give the guys who helped us out today.
When we left the house this morning I had absolutely NO idea I'd be riding a new bike home. Felt really good. Too late tonight to fire up a stick but tomorrow while I'm organizing all the stuff I kept in my saddlebags for years, I'll have to have one I've saved for a while and figure out what needs to go back in the new bike and what just needs to go.
Celebration day boys.

LewZephyr

Congrats Harley. Very happy for ya.

Motorcycles are like Tattoos for me.
I don't have any, I don't plan on getting any, but I do love the look of a beautiful one.

Muskrat

Thanks for sharing. I'm feeling serious vicarious enjoyment of your bike experiences, since I used to be a motorcycle mechanic, and rode one all the time for years, including a couple round trips from Southern California to Iowa and several to San Fransisco. But I gave up my bike at my wife's behest when our son was born 20 years ago. She loves riding, too, but she's more sensible than me.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Congrats Harley. Very happy for ya.

Motorcycles are like Tattoos for me.
I don't have any, I don't plan on getting any, but I do love the look of a beautiful one.

yeah i agree. my bike days are behind me,, i got metal in my leg from my last bike,,,but i do love looking at a nice bike,

if i got another one it would be a gold wing. i rode one for 6 months, and got spoiled,

Smokin Harley

Wuzzat T shaped object projecting underneath the starboard pannier?

That Thar T shaped object iz wun uv dem anti-backer-inta-tha wrong thang boards.
Bump board,taped to the rubber anti-fatigue mat...so I don't back into the tool chest. This bikes about a foot longer than the old one. and about 125 lbs heavier too. When she moves ,she moves hard.

Smokin Harley

Cool and congratulations! :)

What's "the 02"?

02 was a 2002 Heritage Springer. Willie G Davidsons nostalgia baby. 95 inch big bore kit ,stage 2 when I bought it. I had gear drive S&S 510G cams ,feuling lifters and adjustable pushrods put in about 5 years ago. It ran good and pulled hard. Had the huge leather saddlebags that were exclusive to the Heritage Springer model. It turned heads for sure. I had made it pretty personalized,for comfort or convenience really. I'd put a aftermarket touring trunk with luggage rack on it because the stock ( and now rare) backrest wasn't enough to travel with. I'd put just about 50000 miles on top of the 20000 it had when I bought it 10 springs ago. Great bike.
It was just time to step into a "geezer-glide"

Smokin Harley

10557398_10204459163106065_7511636290361189282_n.jpg

Me and my wife with the 02 ...last year.
10553469_10204459199946986_3673859731052587333_n.jpg

me in front of Crazy Horse monument.

waikikigun

Nice pic, both good-lookin. You sure that ain't your daughter? She looks about nineteen.

"Geezer-glide," LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.