Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

rolling a cigarollo,,{backwoods} how to????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i have some real good wrapper { thanks to john-lee} amd im considering making a small cigar like a BLACK AND MILD,,, OR A BACKWOODS''

a small cigar, but i cant find no info on making the smaller cigars,,,

im assuming it would be the same as a large cigar '' just downsized<?''

does anyone have any info on this process,?

or maybe share your secrets on how you do it<:confused:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Chicken,
Use a segment of wrapper leaf in which the length of the veins is about the length of the cigarillo you want to roll. Here's a rough sketch:

CigarilloWrapper.jpg

foot end............................................ head end

You can use coarsely shredded filler or stemmed leaf strips cut to length. If the wrapper is sturdy enough, then you probably won't need a binder. With shred, hand-roll the lower portion as you would a cigarette, then roll the rest just like any cigar. Granulated filler may fall out. (You can remedy that by including two or three thin strips the length of the cigarillo to keep it all in place.) If you intend to smoke it immediately, then just stick the head-end into your mouth and rotate it to moisten it--without any glue.

I've found that with coarse shred, I can pack it surprisingly tight, and still get a good draw. If you don't put glue on it, you can just test the draw, and re-roll it if you need to tighten or loosen it. With long filler, roll it in fairly low case, and the draw should be good.

Bob

EDIT: If you want a raggedy foot, then just tear the filler leaf to length, and let it hang out a bit. But cut the head end clean.

Last edited:

Daniel

Banned
If I ever do get into rolling cigars. these are what I will be making. I like the little ones.

Steve2md

I would add an unflavored Cavendish as an ingredient to your filler if you are looking for that "backwoods" cigar taste. It'll mellow the smoke way out and add a bit of creaminess. I used some bright leaf to make my Cavendish, but I think I'll use Maryland next time, to speed up the process a little and the Maryland takes on flavors pretty well for pipe tobacco as well.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Marsh and Company (now part of National Cigar) uses a small percentage of fire-cured filler in their Marsh Wheeling "Mountaineers."

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.