Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rustica and Orinoco

Status
Not open for further replies.

grgfinney

Yes I have grown both check out my grow blog from this past season if you send me a pm and a sase I can send you some seeds and a sample of ancient rustica , my yellow orinoco hasn't made it to the kiln yet, but I have some rustica in there for the last 6 weeks at 125degrees and it smells really good, and it will add a nicotine kick to weaker blends

DonH

If you want a Virginia style tobacco with higher than average nicotine, try Del Gold. I like Orinoco, it tastes good by itself but since it's a primitive it isn't very productive. And Rustica has terrible production. Del Gold is a good producer.

LIBERTYCHICKEN

Any one know the nicotine content of delgold, all i can find is it's pedigree, and alot off parroting it must be high becouse of the rustica cross ?

ArizonaDave

Try some of Don's Dark Air. It's available now and has a pretty high nicotine content. I use 10% in my cigarette blend. It has a nice flavor. http://www.wholeleaftobacco.com/Dark-Air-2012-crop-1GROS.htm

I've also been experimenting with Dark Air in Cigars, and it's good! It has a nice raisin scent to it, but smokes medium bodied with plenty of kick. Also, the Dark Fire Cured has an Orinoco mix in it. Both I've found have done very well in Cigar blends.

POGreen

I've planted 60 plants of 7 different varieties of Rustica this year and can't so far say that it is strong or high in nicotine.
Will plant some Orinoco' s next year , both the ordinary and the Yellow one.

Status
Not open for further replies.